Honored Contributor

We haven't even had a spring to speak of here in Ohio.  We were wearing coats still yesterday and Monday.  I'm not ready for Christmas anything but I have heard hosts mention holiday gifts already.

It wouldn't be so bad if QVC did a day of Christmas in July programming on the 25th of July and then dropped it until September.  But they have days and days of this nonsense in July and once they start, they are doing Christmas programming until December. 

Valued Contributor

The only people talking about CIJ are those of us in the Holiday forum who look forward to it every year. If you hate it so much, then don’t start a thread about it. You’re just perpetuating the conversation. 

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I seriously hate Christmas in July!  Such a waste of time.

I dislike it almost as much as the gardeneing shows. Will not watch.

Respected Contributor
I was at Hobby Lobby a couple of days ago. They already have Fall decor out & some Christmas items.
Respected Contributor
JaneT said this week that sales of sandals was winding down for this year. Usually they start easing into Fall/Winter fashions sometime in June.

I’ll be interested to see if there is a new version of VPH’s kaleidoscope tree this year or maybe a new color added. It was a TSV last year during CIJ. Fall and Winter decorations are my favorite.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Valerie is having a holiday tsv on June 30....guess that's the start of holiday shopping!

Frequent Contributor

What happened to the idea of living in the present.  Thinking about Christmas 6 months early is far from the present.  Time flies way too fast as it is.  Let us enjoy July and if we want to spend money, let us spend it on July stuff..

Valued Contributor

@cornicopia wrote:

What happened to the idea of living in the present.  Thinking about Christmas 6 months early is far from the present.  Time flies way too fast as it is.  Let us enjoy July and if we want to spend money, let us spend it on July stuff..

@cornicopia  Or you could choose to live your life how you want to live your life.

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind a bit.   I look forward to it!   I always find some good buys also.    But then, I love Christmas!   Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas in July

[ Edited ]

It just snowed here 2 weeks ago!  Our temps feel like Fall and have been running 20-30 degrees below normal for the last month.  I want summer!