Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas in July with David and JT

QVC lets it go on because like everywhere else these days, employees who want to work are hard to come by.

TOTALLY UNWATCHABLE.

David Venable should go see management. 

Of course they are both older hosts, better and higher paid, so they probably have to do ANYTHING to stay employed.

I bet David cringes when he goes in and sees his name on the lineup beside JT's.

I would.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeen wrote:

QVC lets it go on because like everywhere else these days, employees who want to work are hard to come by.

TOTALLY UNWATCHABLE.

Of course they are both older hosts, better and higher paid, so they probably have to do ANYTHING to stay employed.

I bet David cringes when he goes in and sees his name on the lineup beside JT's.

I would.

Do you think that QVC is having a difficult time finding people who want to be show hosts?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

TOTALLY UNWATCHABLE.

I would.

Do you think that QVC is having a difficult time finding people who want to be show hosts?

@paixmcdao   I would say it is more that they don't like training new people.   Costs money

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 wrote:

I don't think any of us is asking that Jane be fired (as one poster said), but just to tone it down.  Doesn't anyone scrutinize these tapes???

@Patriot3 

Way back when, I saw an interview on a news show with one of the QVC hosts, It was titled, "A Day In The Life Of A QVC Host".  I think it was Sandra, she said after the show they met with a Manger to discuss the show and the Manager gave them pointers on improving their presentations in order to increase sales...(at one time I think QVC posted it when they used to do the website blog) ..BUT I doubt they are doing this anymore considering some of the antics and things we are seeing these days.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

TOTALLY UNWATCHABLE.

I would.

@paixmcdao 

When QVC did their last "host call" they said "When we put out the call for new program hosts 9,735 people signed up to audition—our largest .."

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt @BalletBabe  -  In the Suggestion Box forum, under Talking Over Vendor, a poster stated that she just wrote a letter to Q President about not being able to get product information due to the chatter of the hosts.  I wonder if the letter will even be read by him or does it get intercepted?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Spurt @BalletBabe  -  In the Suggestion Box forum, under Talking Over Vendor, a poster stated that she just wrote a letter to Q President about not being able to get product information due to the chatter of the hosts.  I wonder if the letter will even be read by him or does it get intercepted?  

@San Antonio Gal 

In my case it DID work writing a snail mail letter to Corporate

This was awhile ago, and I had problems with a computer I purchased from QVC, CS referred me to the company's Tech Support the IT Rep came to my house 3 times, and still couldnt get it to work, I was instructed to send it back to the manufacturer by DHL which they paid for, but it still wouldnt work, and it was even worse.....I contacted Tech Support and they ignored me....so I wrote a snail mail letter QVC attention: QVC's President, and I DID get a call from QVC's Corporate Office, saying I would be contacted by the Manufacturer by 7pm that evening...and I DID get the call and got a brand new working computer and returned the non-working one by DHL......

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal 

They give it to Jane...

She responds in a pre-recorded voice (They tried to take her dictation, but they couldn't keep up)..

It goes something like this:

"O honey...we got your letter.and honey we are SO upset that you weren't satisfied....Honey I asked my daughters, who were between trips to Ireland and NYC, and they just ate dinner at a fabulous NY restaurant and honey they were wearing new shoes that everyone just loved and honey if they didn't already have those shoes i would buy them for them...in all fourteen colors

....honey you KNOW my daughers are fashion mavens....honey we'll send you a form and you can complain in writing....My honey David V will look at it and if it's worth a Happy Dance my real husband will get back to you...he's painting the roof this week and honey it looks just adorable...

I have an overlit Christmas tree in every room...honey my daughters just LOVE the look and tell me so every day throughout the summer...O honey we were talking about YOU weren't we? .your complaint....? My daughters told me to try to pay attention....

O honey...just buy SOMETHING from our show.... I need the commission. I have to buy my TV Hubby David some new aprons since he lost SO much weight...and he's looking fine...

At which point the machine runs out of tape.

Trusted Contributor

Image result for daniel tiger sayings
When You Feel So Mad, That You Want to Roar”: Dealing with Angry Feelings. Daniel Tiger's strategy song: When you feel so mad that you want to roar, take a deep breath and count to four. 1, 2, 3, 4.
“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

The show needed all David and no Jane.    He has class.