Trusted Contributor

Re: Christmas in July with David and JT

@Susan345 wrote:

Many years ago someone told me that she thought that some people bragged about how good their life was because it wasn't so good.  They were trying to convince themselves that things were better than they are.

Also, some people continually mention their age because they look much older than they are.

And who decides what a person at a particular age should look like? 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@butterflysarefree 

If you take a drink every time she says honey or hon and/ or mentions her daughters…

you’d be drunk. lol

If you took a drink for every time someone posted about a host that offends their delicate sensibilities...

you'd be dead. lol

Frequent Contributor

Respected Contributor

These hosts wear earpieces. Surely a producer can yell at Jane in her ear to stop saying "Honey" and stay focussed. I have the feeling Jane is domineering these younger producers.

The bottom line js.many of us were anticipating the Christmas kick off for weeks and Jane made the night insufferable.
Frequent Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Susan345 wrote:

Many years ago someone told me that she thought that some people bragged about how good their life was because it wasn't so good.  They were trying to convince themselves that things were better than they are.

Also, some people continually mention their age because they look much older than they are.

I'm not making a comment about what someone should look like. But how often have you met a person who looks very young only to find out they are 10 years older than you are? 

Or on the other side looks and acts older but is much younger.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think any of us is asking that Jane be fired (as one poster said), but just to tone it down.  Doesn't anyone scrutinize these tapes???

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan345 wrote:

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Susan345 wrote:

I'm not making a comment about what someone should look like. But how often have you met a person who looks very young only to find out they are 10 years older than you are? 

Or on the other side looks and acts older but is much younger.

Why would I evaluate how "young" or "old" someone looks or acts?    What difference does it really make? 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I don't think any of us is asking that Jane be fired (as one poster said), but just to tone it down.  Doesn't anyone scrutinize these tapes???

@Patriot3   I agree that no one is asking for her to be fired.  To have a Host that causes people not to watch is bad for business.  She has been on almost every night this week and will be back on tonight.   That means I am saving money.  I do not buy when I do not watch.  If Q thinks this is acceptable then their sales will never pick up.  IMO  

Honored Contributor

I don't normally comment about hosts.  But I watched the TSV hour repeat this morning right before "Leah Loves Christmas".

The contrast between the two hosts' interactions with Martha Stewart was striking.  As was Martha's reaction and presentation/attitude.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I don't normally comment about hosts.  But I watched the TSV hour repeat this morning right before "Leah Loves Christmas".

The contrast between the two hosts' interactions with Martha Stewart was striking.  As was Martha's reaction and presentation/attitude.

@geezerette    Things will never improve sales with Hosts like her.   Why they want someone talking more about themselves then the products puzzles me.  You need a certain amount of professionalism.  You don't see Hosts on HSN acting like that.  Not only do people complain here, but online as well about JT.