Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas ALL Day? Thumbs up or down for you?

Thumbs down

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I don't watch nor do I have any interest in Christmas in July.  I really don't buy anything for Christmas much anymore and  I have so much Christmas decorations that I should be selling them out of the trunk of my car.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Thumbs up!!

It's just too early for me.

I am not spending money.

Enjoy to those people who like the shows.

Honored Contributor

If I had 100 thumbs, they would all be down.  This is the time of year I completely stop watching QVC.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Thumbs Down.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Horizontal thumb. I don't mind the Christmas shows per se, even for the whole day/weekend.  BUT - the fact that they are not offering anything new, and that more than half of their "Christmas" offerings are things they sell 12 months a year, just about cancel that out. You could tune in at any hour today and 90% of the presentation (except the prices, which of course are ever-upward) would be indistinguishable from the shows of the 2011 season. And even if things are technically different, they are only slightly different in color, shape and texture, i.e. ceramic or wax trees, garlands, candles etc - they are still the same items.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Thumbs up from me. It's almost October and I like to plan early. So far I haven't bought anything for Christmas all year. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I f I had 10 thumbs--they would all be pointing down. I don't watch those days especially in August and September. Too freaking early. I worked retail for 12 years and all that junk started  coming in the store right after July 4th!! I looked at it for MONTHS before it was all over.

Valued Contributor

Seeing a Christmas tree on the set at the beginning of October just annoys the heck out of me. There is truly not spirit of love in this action - it is all about selling as much as possible, and guilt tripping people in to giving gifts they wouldn't normally give someone. They make it a negative experience for me. I almost never watch from now until January. I just can't handle the constant beating of the Christmas and Holiday drum. I wonder how the hosts feel about looking at a tree almost 3 months before the actual holiday. I would hate it, but the money they make keeps them in their jobs. They must really have to fake it a lot of the time.They are somewhat like actors in their roles - pretending to be excited at everything and repeating the same words over and over and over. I would be comatose.

Valued Contributor

Can't wait for the flash pad's 500 presentations.