Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas ALL Day? Thumbs up or down for you?

a great BIG thumbs DOWN.  as has already been said ... three days is way too much.  even one whole day is too much.  

Valued Contributor

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

thumbs down for me. I didn't mind when Q did CIJ on July 25, but then we got it on the 25th of every month up until Christmas after that.  Switching  it to a month's worth of CIJ and starting on  July 1 with this entire weekend event is just overkill ffrom my point of view.

I like Christmas but I don't like being hit over the head with it and Q's product lines are boring, a few new things but mostly just variations of the same things we've seen for years.

I looked at some things online but haven't purchased anything and probably won't.  I don't need any new holiday "stuff" anyway.

Respected Contributor

Thumbs down for me.  I can't believe we've got 5 months of this stuff....  It's way too early for this stuff.

Occasional Contributor

It first started with 1 weekend in July, and that was it - until October.  Now, QVC started it's Christmas selling on July 1st - just 10 days into summer.   And I think you can be pretty certain there will be Christmas trees and such being promoted in August, and once September comes, get ready for a ton of christmas merchandise and shows.  It is just so ridiculous, I honestly can't stand it.  I'm still interested in buying tshirts and sandals.  I have enough Christmas chatchkes and decorations, and I'm also not interested in buying $60 worth of popcorn or holiday cookies.  Of course, god forbid you dont order them now, you'll miss out.

At least this coming week will be focused on fashion.  Yay!

Trusted Contributor

Usually weekend programming on QVC is boring. This Christmas weekend is to much. Between the gloopy apples yes I mean gloopy with the pretzels . Then the Bliss lights my luck someone would steal it from my yard beside that they make me dizzy. All the other stuff from China. Overpriced and over exposed. By the time December 1 comes along I'll be so sick of Christmas . I'll turn into Scrouge and send all the junk back and go on a cruise with the money I saved and I wont believe in Santa anymore. Now I know some say family at Christmas which I believe in but Christmas is drummed into our heads 6 months ahead of time. QVC I'm sick of it I can't take it anymore. So I just turn the Chanel . PS ...If I sound a little crazy it's watching those Bliss Lights they drive me nuts!!
LOL
If we don't have a laugh now and then life gets boring.
Honored Contributor

I always have QVC on in the background as I work on the computer but Christmas In July (for me) is like watching paint dry.... or golf.  Just my personal opinion and even so I purchased today's TSV, and earlier ordered Harry & London chocolates (advanced order) for making up boxes for the family at Christmas.... but generally yes, thumbs down for a weekend marathon of Christmas in July.....  can hardly keep my eyes open....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I don't mind Christmas in July if there were some new products being offered.  I swear every time I turned QVC on yesterday it was either Bliss Lights, Twister Tracks or that set of Kringle Express Bags.  (I don't need someone to show me how to wrap or present a gift).   Even this morning at 9:00 it was Bliss Lights!  QVC doesn't exist solely for my entertainment I understand so it doesn't really bother me.  I just wish there was more variety...ultimately I haven't bought a thing all weekend.

Regular Contributor

This Christmas in July scheme makes me want the month to hurry up and end.  They keep selling the same items over and over again (some items may be items still in stock from last year), so I watch for one minute and change the channel.

Valued Contributor

to me, these time shows are boring. a actually I haven't watched for 4 months. every time I surf to Q. alli see is the same merchandise , even items I see last year, last wheneveri lie very much seeing posters I know and new ones. to me, this whole setup feels. alien