Respected Contributor

What is the point of breaking a cookie in half, placing one half on top of the other and mashing them together? And the cookie invariably falls apart.

Honored Contributor

The idea is to show how moist the cookie is. It's to let you see the inside of it, get some sense of the texture, the density, and how moist it is.

People here complain about the food demos all the time. I like that they cut, squeeze, handle the foods. Its really the only way to get some sense of what it is like inside.

Respected Contributor

Ok but why not just break the cookie in half and show the inside? It's the doubling and smashing them together that I don't get.

Honored Contributor

I always thought it was to show how fresh and tender they are. Those I ordered were a soft cookie with icing.

Honored Contributor

You should pay attention when they cut into baked goods. Jimmy the Baker showed mold when cutting into his peach crumb cake.

jimmy the baker.PNG

Esteemed Contributor

Demo cookies - they do go to extreme smashing

Jimmy - food should be required to ship frozen for food safety. Jimmy goes cheap shipping without special

Honored Contributor

@Foxxeewrote:

I always thought it was to show how fresh and tender they are. Those I ordered were a soft cookie with icing.

@Foxxee

Imo, Cheryl's cookies are downright doughy, like they are barely baked. They're probably trying to show cookie dough texture.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkrwrote:

You should pay attention when they cut into baked goods. Jimmy the Baker showed mold when cutting into his peach crumb cake.

jimmy the baker.PNG

@ValuSkr

People love to drag out this isolated incident. Truth is, I've eaten many of Jimmy's baked goods since then and have never seen a sign of mould. They're always very fresh. QVC probably just provided an old sample.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It proves they are easy to chew...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Really?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)