Frequent Contributor

Cheap material, but high prices for their clothes

I don't return  a lot of clothes I buy from QVC, but recently I have sent back two tops because they were made from cheap material and just look like something I would buy from Walmart for half the price. They were made from two different designers too. I read the reviews and they seem good, but when I got them the material was so thin and showed every bump on me. 

Quess  I will be looking eslewhere for clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cheap material, but high prices for their clothes

I agree.....depending on the designers, some can be a bomb. I just returned 2 of Issac's tops that were T-shirts with a pocket in the front. The material was soooooo thin, it felt,like Cuddlduds pajamas. Nope, back they went. I don't like really thin material either. 

Honored Contributor

What is the materiel that you feel is cheap? I agree that the their prices (the Q) are high.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that often I find the material on the cheap side, but then again I am often pleased.  It's really a mixed bag.

The last thing I can remember thinking was on the cheap side in terms of fabric was a ruffled skirt from Peace,Love World.  Very cheap, and the price tag wasn't.

I'm keeping it because I think the style is cute and I'd be out $7 dollars just to return it.  I did get it at a clearance price, so that was good.

QVC is not a place for real bargains. For me now, it's just an easy way to shop, a bad habit, actually, and something I do for the fun of getting the packages.  I really should stop.

Years ago, when I had to be more careful of my budget, I would definitely be looking elsewhere.

Super Contributor

I agree the material they are using is not the same and lesser quality on some clothes.

For me it's either a hit with me or strike.

Is it me or are have some of the sizing measurements changed too?

I need to know things like does the garment shrink, so I can decide if I want to size up or not.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not just QVC. I order most of my clothes from Talbot's and Chico's. They're both using many more cheap synthetics than natural fibers. I'm finding more dangling threads, loose buttons, and mismatched plaids than I ever did before. I read about fabric content very carefully online and I wait for sales.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fionna wrote:

I don't return  a lot of clothes I buy from QVC, but recently I have sent back two tops because they were made from cheap material and just look like something I would buy from Walmart for half the price. They were made from two different designers too. I read the reviews and they seem good, but when I got them the material was so thin and showed every bump on me. 

Quess  I will be looking eslewhere for clothes.

I have purchased all my summer clothes locally and I am very happy with the dresses.  I purchased at RossSmiley Happy  I have not ordered anything from Q due to reading all the complaints.  Shipping sounds terrible.  So instead of me getting frustrated I just shop elsewhere with no complaints.

Honored Contributor

Im a sewer and have taken courses in textiles so I think I know something about fabrics.  I've noticed a marked decrease in the quality of the fabrics QVC uses across all lines in the past few years.  Everything is thinner, more clingy, more Spandex used.  I won't even wear Isaac's Pima cotton tees any longer.  I despise D&C Perfect Jersey and Kim Gravel has nice designs and colors but some of her thin fabrics are deplorable.  There are many other examples, too numerous to cite. 

I have trouble in the fall even finding winter weight shirts to buy for cold weather.  Even the sweaters and sweatshirts are thin. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I totally agree.  I've stopped shopping at QVC and have gone back to Nordstroms.  I can't believe how expensive all the fashions are.  Even Denim and Co. which used to be the bottom of the line.  What is happening with QVC?  Terrible hosts with such high pitch voices that hurt my ears.  I have to mute most shows, specially Susan Graver.

Moving on, it's not worth it!

QVC Customer Care