Contributor

Charged for Returning Something I Did NOT Order

What is going on with QVC? First they mail me something that I never ordered. I call CS, and I'm told, "Don't worry. Just send it back, and we won't charge you return postage."

So after the hassle of packing it up and mailing it back, I check my account today only to find that I was charged return postage!

What kind of a scam are you trying to pull QVC?

Shame on you!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Charged for Returning Something I Did NOT Order

[ Edited ]

Once, I was sent something I did not order. I called customer service, and they were very helpful and said I would not be charged. Indeed, they were correct and I was not charged the shipping return fee. Since customer service is off today, I would recommend sending an email today December 25th and then following up with a phone call tomorrow morning Dec 26 and get the charge reversed. I am sure you can imagine that they've been overwhelmed with the shopping season, and this was an innocent mistake. I do not think this is a scam.

Honored Contributor

Any time I read a comment, anywhere on any forum on the internet which uses the phrase "shame on you/them" I give it the attention it's worth - 2 seconds.

QVC (or any adult individual) is not a 3-year-old to be dressed down and "shamed."  SMH.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

If they make it right when you call, it's an innocent mistake.  If they won't reverse the shipping charges, then I'd call it a scam.

Trusted Contributor

Mistakes happen.  This time of year, when QVC and all other retailers and shippers are overwhelmed, things like this can occur -- particuarly in the automated returns process when packages are flying in and out of the warehouses.

You have two options.  Be a responsible adult and contact QVC which will be more than happy to rectify the situation or go the the message boards, stomop your feet, and complain about something that is ultimately no more than a minor inconvenience at what should be a joyous time of year.  Your choice.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure they will credit you for the shipping.  Just call them tomorrow and ask to speak with a supervisor.  Maybe they can send a confirmation email noting the pending credit to you.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It is annoying, but instead of complaining here, you need to call CS and tell them, politely.  I'm glad you caught the error so you don't have to pay.

This careless mistake should not have been made, but it's not a scam. 

Honored Contributor

I find that the return postage is usually charged no matter what the situation. I ordered a pair of pants recently....and received someone else's order  of a vest instead of the pants in the bag.  The other person  got my pants.   I called and explained the situation to CS and I still was charged the return postage for the pants the other person returned. I had to call again to get the return postage taken off. The CS person said that all the info was in the computer right to not charge the return shipping,but, the factory did not read it.  It is called lack of communication. I imagine that QVC make a lot of money off of these faulty postage charges when people do not read their statements.  Why fix it if it is money in the CEO's pocket?

i have also been charged the return postage when do not use the return label and send items back on my own dime.  They automatically charge you no matter what it seems.

Honored Contributor

It was good of you to return the item.

Now, be good and admit you have absolutely no idea whether the charge was a scam or a  mistake -  you made the mistake of overreacting and had only your account to worry about.  Give the poor overworked workers a break and contact CS and when the charge is resevered as I'm quite certain it will be, be sure to come back and shout that the mistake was yours -  if indeed it was.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Mistakes happen.  This time of year, when QVC and all other retailers and shippers are overwhelmed, things like this can occur -- particuarly in the automated returns process when packages are flying in and out of the warehouses.

You have two options.  Be a responsible adult and contact QVC which will be more than happy to rectify the situation or go the the message boards, stomop your feet, and complain about something that is ultimately no more than a minor inconvenience at what should be a joyous time of year.  Your choice.

The sermon thus endeth... He hath spoken...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...