New Contributor

Charge two shipping for one box

This has happened to me several times.I ordered two completely different items and they were shipped together in the same box and was charged two shipping.I like QVC but this really bothers me and starting to think twice about ordering so much.This is not fair.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Charge two shipping for one box

I totally agree.  In fact, I received a plastic bag today with 3 items in it and I was charged 3 seperate shipping fees!!!!  With so many online sites offering free shipping and free returns, the Q needs to reevaluate how important their customers are.

Honored Contributor

I agree they should not charge S&H on each item when they bundle them in the same box. I just returned two jewelry items today in the same box and they usually do not charge me return postage on both items. I do check to make sure they have not charged me though. The S&H and return charges are why the Q, Evine and HSN don't do better than they do. I guess they feel they make out on the postage and it's guaranteed income. Can you imagine the break these shopping channels get on postage from UPS and USPS.

Respected Contributor

Once upon a time, if an order was placed at the same time for multiple various items, there was a lesser s&h charge for everything after the first item.  The good old days! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This practice is certainly nothing new to us. They 'bundle' orders to us, charge at least $3.50 for each order and then if/when we 'bundle' back returns to them they get us both ways by means of charging a whopping $6.95 for each item in our bundle back IN THE SAME BOX.

Bottom line - we've paid MORE for all the back & forth shipping & handling than we did for the actual products we just had to have.

This practice doesn't happen elsewhere. What does this tell us?

Shop elsewhere?

Respected Contributor

I’ve been reluctant to return more than one item in a single box/package since I read on these forums that a person had their package sent back to them when doing so.

I’ve started again returning any items “my way” which is UPS because in most cases it is delivered the next day and processed within a week (not good but better then with the Q label). The last couple times I tried to get a receipt at PO for pre paid label they could not give me one because they were not able to scan the label. This resulted in returning home and re-wrap for UPS “my way”. Decided the prepaid way was a waste of my time. Risky to return without a receipt, had a few go missing without a receipt when I just dropped it off and maybe this is the reason why. The last time I returned an item the cost was only minimally higher then the pre paid label.
Respected Contributor

ITA.  Years ago,when you ordered more than one of the same item they only charged shipping once.  As far as returns go, I have called CS a few times to make sure I was doing my returns correctly.  I was told numerous times that if I put all of the same type of clothing in one box, i.e., all clothing, all cosmetics, etc. and then enclosed the unused labels, just using one for the return, I would only be charged once.  This is what I have been doing and I was indeed only charged once for my return.  I used to put everything in a priority US postal service box and pay for the postage myself, but it still took forever for them to credit my returns.  You cannot win, their shipping and returns are the slowest of any merchant.

Trusted Contributor

QVC has to change to free shipping in order to compete with other sites. It really is that simple.  

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

QVC has to change to free shipping in order to compete with other sites. It really is that simple.  

@sashamatthews  What?  MANY retailers now have shipping built in and some shipping and return.  I don't know why QVC continues to think people can't add and subtract!

Just shoot me a price to get something to me and let it go at that.  QVC insults everyone who shops with them by nickle-and-dimeing them and thinking we don't notice!

I just ordered a bunch of clothing from LLBean.  NO shipping, NO return and great clothing!  Come to think of it, shipping is generally free on what I've ordered recently from other retailers.

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I just ordered a bunch of clothing from LLBean.  NO shipping, NO return and great clothing!  Come to think of it, shipping is generally free on what I've ordered recently from other retailers.

Not too long ago everything shipped for free on LLBean no matter what the cost.  Now you have to buy over a certain dollar amount to get free shipping.   They also changed something about their returns policy that wasn't a positive change for the consumer, can't recall exactly what it was but it was a downgrade for consumers.