Honored Contributor

Changing Warehouses - A Year Later???

My turn to vent.

Hasn't it been nearly a year that QVC has had these horrible shipping problems because of moving inventory from old to new warehouses?  It seems at least that long.

I made purchases on Oct. 22 & 23 that have not arrived yet.  I checked the EDD, and it states Nov. 6.  Nov. 6?!?

I cannot cancel an order because it's "in process."  So fed up, I wanted to cancel today's TSV, that I placed 2 hours ago!  System won't let me; checked order and it also has a delivery date of Nov. 6. 

Straw meet camel.  I'm done.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Changing Warehouses - A Year Later???

I’ve learned not to purchase gifts or anything that I need quickly from QVC. I buy and know that it will take awhile but I’m ok with that as it’s just for me. I also comparison shop before buying as I know once it’s in process, you’re stuck for the long haul. 

Trusted Contributor

But isn't it a shame to have this mindthink when ordering something? It used to be fun and exciting placing an order and then waiting with anticipation for your order to be delivered in a prompt and reasonable timeframe. That pleasant shopping experience is just not there anymore! Now it has become a waiting game and in many, many cases, judging from the numerous posts, a frustrating, inconvenient and annoying experience! Hey new name suggestion for QVC for the new year, "FIA"!! LOL!
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know.  Everything's a mess.  I wasn't able all weekend to order through QVC's website.  Even though they reset my password (which obviously was not the issue) and I spoke to 2 different  customer service reps.  I don't think I can order online still because  my cart says I have 1 item in it and when I click on it it says I have no items in my cart.  LOL!  In addition, I have a clothing item that I've been waiting to ship.  Today it finally reads it was shipped today, but when I click on the tracking it says preparing to ship.     

Valued Contributor

The whole process is too stressful. My order in process for 24 days with a delivery date of last Friday isn't even available anymore. But still I cannot cancel. So if someone returns one do they send that to me? This was a new D&C item, not as is. No matter, it'll be refused.
Valued Contributor

I forgot to add this to my previous post.  This is a very impressive shipping story I wanted to share.  So last night around 11 p.m. I was on the internet checking the weather, news, and some other sites.  I had been wanting to purchase a pair of Uggs since I wore my other pair last year so much and wanted to get a change-off pair.  So I go on their website and a banner reads "free expedited shipping."  Of course it has to be over a certain amount but luckily my boot style was.  Now the key word here is "expedited" free shipping and I'm thinking maybe it's too good to be true.  I've ordered directly from them before and I had a very positive experience so I think why not.  I go ahead and order my boots and I look at the clock and it's almost midnight.  Fast forward tonight and I check my email and there's an email they sent me this afternoon that read, "your boots are on their way."  They left early this afternoon today and are due tomorrow. Now that's waht I call shipping at it's finest!  

Valued Contributor

New UGGS!! And fast shipping!! Sweet!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper - I don't think the new warehouses are the real source of any of the shipping problems that have been occurring. It seems like the root of the issue is the fact that QVC has so many of its items shipped directly from vendors nowadays. That is the reason why orders cannot be cancelled like they used to be (once an order is placed, it goes to the vendor for fulfillment and is out of QVC's control), the reason why some items ship quickly and others don't (it's all dependent on the responsiveness of the vendor), and why some items are shipped all the way across the country when there are warehouses located closer to customer addresses. Unfortunately, I don't see this supply chain strategy going anywhere because it ends up saving the Q a lot of money in the areas of inventory management, order fulfillment, facility management, and employment costs, just to name a few.

Trusted Contributor

Perhaps as sales decline they will have time to work on all their issues.

Honored Contributor

If so many of the orders are shipped directly by the vendor, then why is QVC investing in this humonous new warehouse, I wonder?  (As an aside, as I mentioned in another post, I read recently that the new warehouse is not expected to be fully operational until early next year.  Hopefully, they're working to improve that date.)