Honored Contributor

@RespectLife I have an Ulta nearby, but I really don't care much for it and seldom buy there.  I buy most of my beauty items online from Sephora, QVC, or Nordstrom and sometimes HSN.  I also have never bought beauty items from Amazon (except for some nail polishes) even though I shop Amazon a lot.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

Re: Changes to QVC and HSN

[ Edited ]

QVC and HSN ship too slow and QVC returns take too long....way too long.

In order for them to compete with Amazon, they need to fix this.  Offering more beauty products isn't  going to help at all.

Amazon has warehouse all over the US and QVC and HSN only have a few in a couple of states.

Because  if this, they are not competitive, especially with their high prices and shipping and handling fees on top of everything else.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

"Someone who is 24 doesn't have the time nor desire to watch an hour-long show about a piece of jewelry or a vacuum when they can get an answer and the product quicker and probably cheaper on Amazon," said Bounds, a resident of Ellicott City, Maryland.

I'm not 24 & I don't have the desire to watch an hour long presentation of any one thing.    So now they are turning HSN into QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

More beauty shows....OMG.....on either channel is ridiculous.....i thought when they started the QBeauty channel it would give QVC a break with all the beauty shows...but lately there seems to be more then ever beauty product shown on QVC........i def feel QVC the past couple years has tried to target a younger audience....which i find

is prob the wrong way to go................I remember my younger years....no time,  money tight, young families to take care of, etc..............they are not about watching QVC or HSN to "shop"....they are mostly about making their paychecks stretch for them running to Target, Walmart, etc..............making ends meet....none of the late 20's mid 30's aged members of my exteneded family watch any of the home shopping programs...and i doubt

bringing in more make up, beauty products, etc. will grab their attention even on the quick apps..............and  the long tv presentations are just turning away viewers...endless TSV's etc...alot of customers have made great suggestions on these community websites but to deaf ears..................more variety, shorter presentations (like 5min instead of 10-15mins)...stop the endless TSV presentations, distinctively DIFFERENT clothing designers (not all the same type products presented by each designer)......who wants to watch a hour presentation of a bed...or vacuum or beauty product...i could go on...

Honored Contributor

Let's face it... QVC is just being greedy... They want to keep all those many scintillating, edge of your seat, must see TV vacuum, blender and electronics presentations for themselves... Before this is over, I'll bet they'll strip mattresses away from HSN too...

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Let's face it... QVC is just being greedy... They want to keep all those many scintillating, edge of your seat, must see TV vacuum, blender and electronics presentations for themselves... Before this is over, I'll bet they'll strip mattresses away from HSN too...

Woman Surprised

LOL! 

Respected Contributor

^^^^^^^

I laughed. Sarcasm can be spot on humor.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tricolor wrote:

Thank you for the article. Very interesting reading. We are all seeing some of the changes but it was good to see actually what will be changing. My son and DIL both work in corporate offices for retail chains and Amazon is just killing everyone.

My son works for UPS and says Amazon is also killing the drivers.   I am much more careful about ordering clothing these days as they are often sized wrong.Returning them costs too much for my pocketbook.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The younger audience they are courting-- women in their 20s as mentioned in the article-- not only don't have the time to watch these lengthly beauty presentations, but don't have the $$$$$ to spend either, IMO. The products are much more costly than drugstore beauty products. I'm no marketing expert, but l feel the Qurate people are wasting their time.

(Edited to correct typo, lol).

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~