Contributor

I think QVC is making a big mistake with more beauty shows - I , for one, am not going to spend my evenings watching someone drone on about the latest cream, nor are the young people QVC hopes to attract.  The people that have money to spend are those of us who are older.  Unfortunately, the clothes at the mall are cheesy, for the most part, so I have shopped at the Q.  However, their shipping rates have gone up, and since there is no way to try anything on without ordering it , then having to pay to ship it back - is getting to be an expensive thing.

So..I don't shop much at HSN - one or two things here an there, but mostly on the Q, but I think I am going to cut back. 

I don't know how this merger thing is going to work for them.  Personally, I would ditch the beauty IQ channel - give up the ghost already.

Esteemed Contributor
“Carlie. WVC does take too long to ship. I find HSN much faster but I don’t buy much from HSN
Esteemed Contributor

Super Contributor

As a non-Millennial I feel like stores alienate me trying to impress them.  In the end these stores may end up not gaining the Millennials and also losing us old fogies.

I like certain brands on QVC - if they sell a lot of house brands I will just go to Josie Maran, IT or whatever vendor's site.  Why spend the time developing house brands unless your goal is to sell less quality at higher prices.  And of course they will slap some celebrity's name on it.

But hey, if this new way of thinking stops the hour long Bose, Keurig, vacuum demos of one product it could be good.  I notice they push this "shop while watching us on Facebook"  I have no desire to do that and can't picture twenty somethings doing that either.  A lot of youngsters don't even use Facebook.

New Contributor

Thanks for the post. Very informative.  I am thorougly disappointed in the QVC/HSN merger.  Particularly in the treatment of Joy Mangano.  I am a big fan of hers and have bought many of her products especially the handbags and travel ware.  I am a professional and require professional and elegant wear for work which Joy is excellent in designing. Very high quality.  I always receive compliments and and where to buy from my colleagues.  I send them to HSN.  Not anymore.  I cannot abide by a company that treats the women it contracts with with such little respect. Joy and her products are a large part of the success HSN has had.  I will not soon forget this travesty. I will send my colleagues to Amazon as that's where I will be shopping. Fortunately they carry some of Joy's products as well as LUG.  Amazon's prices are competitive as well,  Even if I should spend a little more at least I am getting what I want. Unless QVC/HSN changes their tactics I hope they flounder and falter and eventually disappear, serves them right.  I cannot in good conscience support a company that takes advantage of people in this way. 

Esteemed Contributor

I shop at the Q and HSN <squeezing Evine in> and welcome any change for the better. I am always looking for a bargain and find some at each network. Change is always difficult but they will find their niche. Perhaps more competitve prices are in the pipeline. If so, WIN-WIN.

~~~ All we need is love Heart

Trusted Contributor

The poster who mentioned EasyPay hit the nail on the head for me.  There was a time when EP was not readily available, but then revenue declined and the shopping channels offered installments which customers liked and used extensively.  It may be what saves the channels but it seems like a Hail Mary Pass right now.  Desperation. 

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews Does seem like desperation between the constant reminders of easy pay and the Q card.