Frequent Contributor

Instead of watching the show, I looked on-line at the products presented during a Clarks show and there were 12 pairs of shoes!  I had to look at the guide to see if it was a two hour show (it was only an hour) because they never show so many shoes.  I was surprised and thought that maybe next time I will watch live if they run through that many items.  It only takes me a minute or two to decide if I'm interested and if I am, I only need another minute or so to decide to order.  Spending more than 4 or 5 mintues on a product makes me turn the channel, not buy. 

Honored Contributor

What's ironic is that us "Boomers" also HATE lengthy and multiple presentations of the SAME item in the SAME show....Woman Frustrated  How bout making a change for us QVC!!!! 

Image result for cat begging

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Spurt

Our millennial daughter lives with us as housing in Vancouver, B.C. is very expensive. It's not unusual and nobody thinks twice about it if they have a young adult child living at home. 

My daughter spent a couple of years traveling overseas in Australia -- it's all about buying the experiences and not acquiring stuff. When you are traveling with a 50 pound backpack you cannot buy a lot of stuff without getting rid of stuff too.

As to the chances of a shopping network landing someone like my daughter as a customer there's no chance of that happening at all. She has never bought anything from a tv shopping channel. Neither have her millennial cousins in the U.S.

She would rather shop sales and thrift stores or look at beauty products at TJX owned stores like Winners and Marshalls in Canada and T.J. Maxx and Marshalls in the U.S.

As a homecoming present I bought her some cosmetics and skin care before she got home from there so she's all set!

@TY

Financial periodicals nailed it...and your daughter fits exactly what they said!!!  Who is QVC having do their research?????----SMH!!!  QVC thinks by putting their shows on Facebook Live they'll draw them in --- I dont think it will happen---the QVC price point is way off!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

QVC and HSN cannot begin to compete with Amazon on variety of products but mostly speed of getting the items to your home.  Even Target has two day delivery now--been buying grocery and household items from them lately.  (Free shipping at $25. if you have a Target card.)  QVC is getting so boring and I'll say again that the younger people aren't interested in the shows and the products.   I'm getting so tired of the way the hosts present now and also the lack of variety of products offered.  Shipping is a turn-off too.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a cosmetic item from QVC on August 13 and it isn't here by today--August 21.  If it was Amazon, Target or even Macy's it would be here already.  (the brand isn't sold at those other stores at this time)

Honored Contributor

I think QVC has a special deal with UPS where they deliver merchandise from their distribution centers to the destination cities by wagon train.  UPS has completely gone to pot the last couple of years; slow, slow, slow.  I'd rather have them use USPS.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thanks for posting this.  All we need are more beauty shows to not watch.

@Kachina624    LOLOLOLOLOL   You said it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thanks for posting this.  All we need are more beauty shows to not watch.

@Kachina624

And this comment---eliminate many higher-priced electronics and some home goods, such as vacuum cleaners and blenders. (on HSN)

Are they going to move these shows/products to QVC  instead...............

Image result for kitty looking scared

LOVE THIS CAT FACE----TOO TOO FUNNY!!!!!  Bwah ahahahahaaha

Frequent Contributor

I very much agree.  When I retired I thought it would be fun to be able to watch QVC more but that has not been the case.  I watch must less.  My husband points out that an item

that costs over $1000 (jewlery) for example is still changed $5.00 shipping and handling.

He says that QVC should be embaresed to charge an additional $5.00 for such a pricey item, like they don't make enough money.  I have to agree with him although I would never spend that much money on TV.  Never watched HSN mainly because they don't even use HD so the channel is fussy to watch.  I'm finding my self buying from Amazon and for shoes 6PM.  

Frequent Contributor

If QVC and HSN want to compete with Amazon, then they need to do away with their ridiculous shipping fees or require a total purchase amount to qualify for free shipping.  I have no interest in watching jewelry or beauty online OR FOOD!!!  Enough with the food, please!!!!  I am interested in more specialized, limited edition configurations, and cheaper kitchen/home/garden items than one could find on Amazon.