Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

It's a real TURN OFF to me and I don't give a darn what any celebrity thinks or endorses.......it makes me grab my remote...

And it must NOT be working because Qurates sales results would be a lot better as often as the hosts and vendors use this sales tactic!  

@Spurt   I am anxious to see what they do for christmas.  I could care  less what Oprah likes or anyone else.  I don't like her so why would I care what she likes.  

Regular Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

They use the celeb's liking the product line because it's probably part of QVC's script.  When they can't think of anything else, throw out the long used line.  

It pleases me to see someone aware of such a thing. Now I have zero idea if the hosts sit down in actual classes or what have you but they are trained in how to act, what to say, etc.., That's Sales 101. IMO the signs of desperation are shown when a host resorts to name dropping and quite honestly, while I have nothing against a certain host or two, a certain QVC host is name dropped whenever possible and what he/she eats or uses is meaningless to me. Of course there are people out there who eat up anything when it comes to someone famous but thankfully that isn't all of us.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never heard a host just randomly drop the name of a celebrity in association with a product, other than an Oprah Favorite Thing, Jamie Foxx's sunglasses and a few other explicit endorsements.

To do otherwise is fodder for a lawsuit, giving the impression that a celebrity would be endorsing or recommending the product.  

Super Contributor

Your right. It's annoying. I could care less what Oprah thinks of likes.  

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I've never heard a host just randomly drop the name of a celebrity in association with a product, other than an Oprah Favorite Thing, Jamie Foxx's sunglasses and a few other explicit endorsements.

To do otherwise is fodder for a lawsuit, giving the impression that a celebrity would be endorsing or recommending the product.  

@Johnnyeager 

They use it in "general terms" too.... For example, they will mention Mally's "celebrity clients" without mentioning any specific names....or "this clothing designer has a celebrity following"....... Even that is a TURN OFF to many of us....we dont care what celebrities do! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor
I would NEVER buy anything endorsed by the Kardashians or Jenners.
Super Contributor
I totally agree, the munute I hear name dropping or a celeb endorsement without the person being there I cringe. This is such a hard selling tactic and instagram influencers...could care less.