Honored Contributor

Cathy P. needs to continue to improve.  She and C. Zell make a lot of mistakes in their presentations.   

Trusted Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

I would like to say what a great host I think Cathy is  You can tell she does her homework  She is not at all about herself and all about the product  Good job Cathy

I think Cathy does only a fair job.  She's too old to speak with that baby type voice.  I can't watch her because of the way she baby talks. Most of it is the tone in which she speaks.  She like several of the QVC hosts would do well to spend time with a speech pathologist.

Contributor

Re: Cathy Pedreyas

[ Edited ]

You're entitled  not to like her voice but I don't think she needs to change her voice because of that. I think her voice is endearing. At least she doesn't shout, scream, rush, cackle, and have a severe pronunciation issue like petite  brunette host I can think of lol.

Respected Contributor

@LizLovestoShop wrote:

You're entitled  not to like her voice but I don't think she needs to change her voice because of that. I think her voice is endearing. At least she doesn't shout, scream, rush, cackle, and have a severe pronunciation issue like petite  brunette host I can think of lol.

But ahh she's new. None of the hosts started out this way, they morphed into hosts that shout, scream, rush, cackle, etc. Cathy may be just like them in a year or two.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@LizLovestoShop wrote:

But ahh she's new. None of the hosts started out this way, they morphed into hosts that shout, scream, rush, cackle, etc. Cathy may be just like them in a year or two.

My thoughts exactly, @DJs mom.  I remember when Shawn first came to the Q.  She was a breath of fresh air, IMO, back then.  She was spunky, witty, and had a great sense of style.  My how things change....

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@LizLovestoShop wrote:

My thoughts exactly, @DJs mom.  I remember when Shawn first came to the Q.  She was a breath of fresh air, IMO, back then.  She was spunky, witty, and had a great sense of style.  My how things change....

@San Antonio Gal since many of them start out one way and turn into something different I wonder if they are getting pressure from TPTB to sell like this. I was watching David last night with the America's Test Kitchen lady selling the cookbook. Every time she tried to explain a recipe David kept talking over her announcing how many books were sold. She then started talking faster to try to get her statements out and David sped up interrupting again with the number of books sold. I finally had to turn it off.

Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@LizLovestoShop wrote:

@San Antonio Gal since many of them start out one way and turn into something different I wonder if they are getting pressure from TPTB to sell like this. I was watching David last night with the America's Test Kitchen lady selling the cookbook. Every time she tried to explain a recipe David kept talking over her announcing how many books were sold. She then started talking faster to try to get her statements out and David sped up interrupting again with the number of books sold. I finally had to turn it off.

Yes, I believe they are told to be that way... although Katie, Gabrielle, Jayne, and Pat do not seem to sell in that high pressure style so maybe it isnt required of them. I really don't know why they do it.

Honored Contributor

Of the new hosts, I like Courtney K.  Cathy P. and Christine Zell make too many mistakes even  considering they are fairly new.   

Trusted Contributor

I like Cathy very much and think she does an excellent job.  She is always well informed and I actually enjoy watching.  She and Courtney are my new favorites.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Cathy Pedreyas

[ Edited ]

@LizLovestoShop wrote:

I don't think she can change her voice. That's why I watch hosts with pleasant (not loud or montoned voices) I couldn't listen to  Albany, for example.

. Hosts  Mary D., Leah, Jayne, PJD, Nancy, and Shawn have pleasant voices.