Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

She should stay on nites.... she annoys me.

I only watch at night and have stopped watching much of the programming.  I cannot tolerate baby girl voices.  Just can't.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@Kachina. I find her far less annoying than the new Mary whose voice drives me nuts because it is shaky and she ends every sentence like a question.

The way she sounds to me isn't so much that she ENDS every sentence like a question but that halfway through her sentences she puts a question mark thus has to briefly stop talking, take a quick breath, then finish the sentence. As for the quivering voice, although I've only been able to listen for short periods before wanting to put a screwdriver in my ear, (instead I change channels) sounds to me like she's improving on that.

Esteemed Contributor

I watch Cathy a great deal in the morning and agree that she has improved a lot over the past year.  She can move on......a couple of the others from that group, not so much.

Esteemed Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

Just curious what accent does Cathy have? The one I didn't like in the begining was Kourtney, now she is my favorite. The one I cant stand to this day and turn before she gets a word out is Kerstin.

I kind of wonder that myself   What accent is it ?  I do feel she has a little girl way if speaking .  I dont like the way she says three.  It is very strange the way she pronounces it.  I really don't enjoy her presentations .  

Super Contributor

I believe she is Cuban, and her accent and some pronunciations reflect that.  I'm a terrible sleeper and see Cathy a lot in the early morning hours.  I think she does a really good job and is very informative.  She's also quite beautiful!

Esteemed Contributor

I think Cathy is doing a great job.  I have no problem listening to her.

Valued Contributor

LOVE Cathy and hope she never changes❣️❣️ BTW, has anyone else noticed something that stands out to me? Anything food, jewelry, or beauty related, the vendors seem to REALLY enjoy working with her. There’s always a lot of “Cathy, you are absolutely right” or “wow, that’s a great idea, Cathy.” I heard she cooks up a storm and she is just adorable, so it actually all makes sense. 😜 But what I like most about her is her immense love of animals and her volunteer work in shelters.❤️ Keep up ALL the good work, Cathy. You’re making a difference. 👏👏

Trusted Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@Kachina. I find her far less annoying than the new Mary whose voice drives me nuts because it is shaky and she ends every sentence like a question.

I agree with you about Mary, but I have seen some improvement since she started. She seems to have more confidence now and I enjoy her personality. she is very sweet and has a sense of humor. I think the shakiness in her voice happens when she loses her rythem and her speach pattern (going up at the end of a sentence may be typical of where she grew up. She will probably grow out of it eventually. Sharon had a very pronounced accent when she started, but over the years it has disappeared. I do lik her sincerity and the way she relates to the vendors. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

I agree with you about Mary, but I have seen some improvement since she started. She seems to have more confidence now and I enjoy her personality. she is very sweet and has a sense of humor. I think the shakiness in her voice happens when she loses her rythem and her speach pattern (going up at the end of a sentence may be typical of where she grew up. She will probably grow out of it eventually. Sharon had a very pronounced accent when she started, but over the years it has disappeared. I do lik her sincerity and the way she relates to the vendors. Smiley Happy

I happened to catch Mary sometime during the early morning hours and the first thing I noticed is that she has new eyebrows. Well what I mean is they didn't look as natural as they used to, they were darker and more sharpie drawn on looking. Really stood out. Kinda took the attention away from her beautiful blue eyes.

Honored Contributor

I like her!

Very genuine. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).