Honored Contributor

Re: Cathy Pedrayes selling house

@Glitter51 wrote:

I hate that Cathy is no longer with the Q. She had improved so much from when she first started out. I much prefer her over several of the hosts. Kristen Zell is still just as bad as when she first started. Plus, no matter what’s she’s presenting, she’s always referencing her husband or children. I get so tired of that. Then there’s Mary Nelson, who’s voice, I just cannot get past.  I’m not sure how she is still there. 

Mary is only there because she is David's  favorite.....

Honored Contributor

The hosts are all under contracts but I thought some of them were longer than a year.  

A few years ago Dan Hughes commented on air that we were stuck with him for at least a little while longer because he had just signed a new contract with QVC but joked that it was only for a year though.  The way he talked made it seem as if they can be longer.

I believe some of the hosts have attorneys who negotiate their contracts for them.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

For all most of us know, a host contract may include other provisions and requirements in addition to the presumable sales goal targets.  

There may be clauses about insubordination, social media behaviors, unacceptable language, appearance, whatever.

Who knows if QVC has ever had to exercise one of these out-clauses?

@Johnnyeager, rumor had it that Jonathan Redford's contract was terminated.   

Super Contributor

I just clicked on her picture, on the instagram.  It does show a video, but it was with her and Anthony, another host.

I am wondering if you are mistaken about her selling off everythng

Regular Contributor

I agree about what many others have said about Mary Nelson's voice.  She seems like a sweet person but I have a hard time listening to her voice.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I said that the "stories" on Instagram only last a day, sometimes less.  They disappeared.  One of her stories she was showing the reef on her front door that she said that she couldn't take down because there were baby birds nested inside.  She said she is selling her house and didn't know what to do about the reef.  Another story was her lying on a hammock type outdoor furniture on her deck and she said everything was for sale. 

Honored Contributor

Oh dear.  She probably wishes she'd waited to buy a house until she had job security, or at least a better sense of where she stood with TPTB.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Glitter51 wrote:

I hate that Cathy is no longer with the Q. She had improved so much from when she first started out. I much prefer her over several of the hosts. Kristen Zell is still just as bad as when she first started. Plus, no matter what’s she’s presenting, she’s always referencing her husband or children. I get so tired of that. Then there’s Mary Nelson, who’s voice, I just cannot get past.  I’m not sure how she is still there. 

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Glitter51 wrote:

The post mentioned Mary Nelson.  The Mary you refer to as David's favorite is Mary DiAngeles (not sure of spelling) and she is the one with her own cooking show too.

Contributor

Whoever has Instagram:  Cathy posted a cute story tonight about she and her hubby. Click on the video!

https://www.instagram.com/stories/cathypedrayes/

Valued Contributor

I really liked her...so sorry she is gone!