Honored Contributor

Re: Cathy Pedrayes selling house

Sorry Cathy was let go.  She was a lot better than some of the hosts hired when she was and she was also much, much better than this last group of new hosts.

Honored Contributor

'I didn't want to say anything, but.'...........

I've been thinking about Cathy and also their house that they recently purchased in a nearby (to Q) area.

As I've previously said, the more I think about it, the more I'm missing her.

Wishing her (and her hubby) well and hope that  even better ventures will come their way.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.:

She has a nice, down-to-earth personality, imo.

I'd love to have her as a neighbor or friend.

Hope she will bring back her website (fabulous, as I recall).

'A long time ago', I happened to run across it when searching for an old college friend whose name was similar.

Then, I noticed that she looked familiar when she became a host.

I have a feeling that she didn't offer email newsletters, (or I neglected to sign up), and I guess I forgot to re-visit her website.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm wondering why her picture is still on the "Meet Our Hosts" page?

https://www.qvc.com/content/hosts/qvc-hosts.html

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@barb40 

I don't think the Host Page has ever been top priority for QVC.  They left other hosts photos up days after they had left.

Also, the hosts recently started taking new "head shots."  Perhaps QVC feels why make that one small change, while they are planning a wholesale change for everyone soon.  In fact, Amy said just today that she has just finished taking her new updated head shots. 

When they are all ready, perhaps they may have all the newest hosts out of their probationary period and include them as well.

Super Contributor

Sorry, still not seeing anything about selling her house/furnishings.  I did click on her picture on instagram, and its with her and Anthony.

Honored Contributor

It's possible that she left voluntarily, it is just a job and people leave jobs all the time.  It's also possible that she was let go and there would only be one reason for that....if she wasn't meeting her sales goals, QVC can't keep hosts who are meeting their performance goals.  It's no difference than any other job.  I hear people people say that they "like" this host or that host and I always think to myself; yeah, but are you shopping with that particular host?  Because that's all QVC cares about.  $$$$$  And that is exactly as it should be because QVC is a retailer, a business.  

Esteemed Contributor

For all most of us know, a host contract may include other provisions and requirements in addition to the presumable sales goal targets.  

There may be clauses about insubordination, social media behaviors, unacceptable language, appearance, whatever.

Who knows if QVC has ever had to exercise one of these out-clauses?

Honored Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

Sorry, still not seeing anything about selling her house/furnishings.  I did click on her picture on instagram, and its with her and Anthony.

@qvc chick  It's not in any of her posts, it was in her Insta-story.  Instagram has a feature where you can post videos or photos in your "story," but they are temporary.  They are meant to last for only a short time.   If you click on her profile photo of herself on her page, you will see her latest Insta-story.  Once it's gone, it's gone. 

Apparently that's where she wanted it, not in a regular post.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's possible that she left voluntarily, it is just a job and people leave jobs all the time.  It's also possible that she was let go and there would only be one reason for that....if she wasn't meeting her sales goals, QVC can't keep hosts who are meeting their performance goals.  It's no difference than any other job.  I hear people people say that they "like" this host or that host and I always think to myself; yeah, but are you shopping with that particular host?  Because that's all QVC cares about.  $$$$$  And that is exactly as it should be because QVC is a retailer, a business.  

Cathy herself said she is no longer with QVC, it wasn't her choice and she didn't see it coming.