Respected Contributor

Re: Cathy Pedrayes selling house

I agree. I thought she was one of the better newer hosts and was sorry to see she was no longer hosting and could think of a couple others that aren't nearly as good as she was. Good luck to her in her new indeavors. 

Honored Contributor

If she stays in TV in any capacity, she needs to get used to it.

Usually only the old timers who have paid their dues so to speak get to put down roots.   I know at my local TV stations, they go through reporters & anchors like crazy.

Only a precious few have been there 20 years.

Hope she finds something bigger & better!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I liked Cathy a lot, one of my favorites from the new host group.  She really worked hard and was well-prepared for her shows. I could see much growth and progress as she grew into her role.  The vendors seemed to like working with her too, at least in the shows I saw.  So very sorry to hear of her leaving.   I like Mary and am OK with Kristine Z. some of the others are OK but bland. I cannot even remember their names!  They do a good job but not memorable, obviously. Just really surprised that of the newbie flock Cathy was cut. And very sad.  Wishing her the best and hoping that she goes somewhere that appreciates her for who she is.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think perhaps when someone takes a job that's so competitive and in a new field, it might be wise to wait to purchase a home.

I think I agree 

Occasional Contributor

I thought I was the only one who had issues with Mary's voice!  So glad to know I'm not alone.

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly how long should one wait to buy a house?  

If your contract is year to year as many have stated, and you can be let go at the end of each period, it sounds like never might be the best option.

Esteemed Contributor

now see that's why there are different strokes for different folks. I really enjoy Mary Nelson AND her speaking voice. There are a few other hosts who give me the "nails on a chalkboard" reaction when they speak and I don't watch them.

for the most part, I haven't paid a lot of attention to the "new" hosts. I don't even know which one Cathy P was. However I wish her well.

Super Contributor

Tayler1 - Where do you see that she is selling her home, and her outdoor furnishings??  I see her instagram account, but no mention of selling her furniture.  The reason I am asking, I live in the area, and loved her pics in the past of her outdoor furniture.

Would love to ask her about purchasing it!!

Respected Contributor

I just realized Cathy P. was the host who is a 'dead ringer' for Sandra Bennett ... only seeing her once, she appeared to be polished and professional.   I hope she wasn't "bullied" by those who were envious of her, and left on her own?

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

I just realized Cathy P. was the host who is a 'dead ringer' for Sandra Bennett ... only seeing her once, she appeared to be polished and professional.   I hope she wasn't "bullied" by those who were envious of her, and left on her own?

@seaBreeze  She was let go.