Contributor

Cathy Pedrayes selling house

Cathy Pedrayes is selling her home, outdoor furniture, etc - she reported on Instagram.  Sad to see her go.  I watched her presentations during the night many times.  I thought she was great.  Only once I thought she wasn't herself; that's when she was social host one Sunday with ITKW with David (when Stacy was out). 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cathy Pedrayes selling house

Sad to hear.  I thought she did a good job.  I prefer Cathy to some of the others.

I wish her well.

Honored Contributor

I think perhaps when someone takes a job that's so competitive and in a new field, it might be wise to wait to purchase a home.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She had no warning this was about to happen.  Employers in PA usually give 3 well documented warnings or they did in the past...something to do with state employment laws.  Employees are subject to yearly performance evaluations.  

I heard Shawn say she must sign a contract every year.  Signing a yearly contract sounds more like working as an outside independent contractor, not an employee of a company.  Was it time for Cathy to renew her contract?  Six months probation.  One year working.  1 1/2 years at QVC sounds about right.  

She said on Instagram "It's OK, I didn't have TV experience before."

Does that sound like she may have been let go because QVC didn't think she was performing well on air?  How much do customer criticisms affect contract renewal?

Yes, this job was taking a risk that might not work out...it's a cruel world, but losing a job happens too often for too many every day.

Honored Contributor

@Tayler1 wrote:

Cathy Pedrayes is selling her home, outdoor furniture, etc - she reported on Instagram.  Sad to see her go.  I watched her presentations during the night many times.  I thought she was great.  Only once I thought she wasn't herself; that's when she was social host one Sunday with ITKW with David (when Stacy was out). 

Did she just buy the house? 

Contributor

It wasn't that long she bought the house; maybe last year.  She showed the inside on Instagram whenever she decorated a room. 

Valued Contributor

Where do you find Cathy's instagram? Is it private because I cannot find it when I do a search on her name.

And wow that's a shame Cathy is selling her house already. She just bought it not that long ago. I wonder why the sudden move even though she's no longer at Q. What about her husband's job?

Contributor

Her Instagram account is cathypedrayes.  She had two Instagram accounts, one was cathyperayesqvc; which is no longer available.  She is going to New York she said.

Valued Contributor

I hate that Cathy is no longer with the Q. She had improved so much from when she first started out. I much prefer her over several of the hosts. Kristen Zell is still just as bad as when she first started. Plus, no matter what’s she’s presenting, she’s always referencing her husband or children. I get so tired of that. Then there’s Mary Nelson, who’s voice, I just cannot get past.  I’m not sure how she is still there. 

Honored Contributor

@Glitter51 wrote:

I hate that Cathy is no longer with the Q. She had improved so much from when she first started out. I much prefer her over several of the hosts. Kristen Zell is still just as bad as when she first started. Plus, no matter what’s she’s presenting, she’s always referencing her husband or children. I get so tired of that. Then there’s Mary Nelson, who’s voice, I just cannot get past.  I’m not sure how she is still there. 

It's sad about Cathy Pedrayes.

I also wonder how Mary Nelson is still here...her voice is like nails on a chalkboard!