Honored Contributor

Re: Cathy Pedrayes - gone????

@artisto @Caaareful Shopper 

Thanks, I had to take a connecting flight to get to it because it's not one of the first search results on google.  I actually had to key in the URL.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Didn't they see how much she improved? Wishing her well.

Valued Contributor

Wow.  I cannot imagine why QVC would let her go. 

She was an excellent host and I enjoyed her presentations. 

I also miss Gabrielle and Katie in the morning.  I know they are on QVC2 but why all the radical changes is beyond me. 

Best of luck to Cathy.  I know she is highly educated and will be be very successful without QVC. 

Honored Contributor

Cathy said she didn't know beforehand and was shocked but it was ok. She said she is concentrating on moving back to NYC.

I've seen Kristine Zell now in more prime spots on Q2 which baffles me.
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:
Cathy said she didn't know beforehand and was shocked but it was ok. She said she is concentrating on moving back to NYC.

@Lipstickdiva  - Wow, that must have been tough not to have any idea beforehand and to be told by your employer that you no longer have a job.

I wish her the best and I know she'll be fine with finding a new job.

Trusted Contributor

I am with those that are very surprised and disappointed to learn that Cathy P is no longer a host.

I thought she was so good, different in a good way.  I enjoyed how she presented items, not so much overuse of the terms "amazing", etc.  Not so many pat, repetitive phrases.  Not as slick as many of the other hosts.  She seemed more real, more natural while always being professional.  A poster described her as "earnest", and I think that was a good word to describe her.

I've watched QVC for over 25 years now, and I've been trying to watch much less, and successfully.  I have now reached the point where I think I can stop cold turkey, because the whole set-up is reaching the "jump the shark" stage for me.

Just recently, right?, there are more QVC channels, more new hosts (that don't seem very good, or is it just me?). More repetitive shows that have been on before.  Just too, too much. 

Will this GLUT of presentations really mean that much more sales for the company?  I suppose so, but for me, I'm just about ready to not watch at all.  I find myself channel surfing and not staying on any for more than 1-3 minutes.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I find it difficult to believe that she was surprised. Nonetheless Very few of the hosts new or not are not annoying to me.  Some of it is personality but over time i believe it is what q wants.  When i watch my shows i do it with an ipad in my lap so i can check reviews.  I don’t believe a thing most of the hosts say.

Respected Contributor

I am surprised by this also. She was fantastic!

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

If she was let go then why is Kristine Zell still there? The girl has made so many errors and mistakes. Cathy was way better and I thought she was fabulous. Just shocked they didnt give her more of a chance

@JONNYSBRO 

ITA......I thought Cathy Pedrayes had really improved....meanwhile Kristine Zell is so unprepared and makes so many mistakes, interrupts vendors etc ...cant believe she's still a host...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@January121.  Naturally, couldn't say without seeing the contract but she obviously failed to meet its terms.  Could have been some sort of misconduct or insubordination, or a failure to meet production standards.

@Kachina624  @January121 

I heard one of the hosts talk about this...the hosts contracts are written for a certain time period and are reviewed by QVC to determine if they want to renew it..This particular host was happy their contract got renewed......Of course like @Kachina624 said other things can cause a host to be terminated too........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”