Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cathy Pedrayes - gone????

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I suspect Mary D. had something to do with it.  The last show I saw with Cathy was when she was "social media" host w/Mary, either on Mary's own show or as a stand in for David.  There was something up.

Of course this is pure speculation.  Take it with a grain of salt.

@Sweetbay magnolia - I highly doubt that Mary was happy with the decision to let Cathy go; I believe Mary and Cathy were friends off camera (Mary has shared pictures of them at her home on her Instagram page) and I thought I heard that Mary requested Cathy as her social media cohost when the Q proposed the idea for ITKWM.

Trusted Contributor

This "dress bunching" that you refer to in the dress she is wearing is actually a Laurie Felt design, sold right here at the Q.  It's actually a nice dress - this still shot just doesn't do it justice.  Just in case you'all were interested. 

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

Hey, @loriqvc .  You could certainly be right.

I sense disingenuousness somewhere, though.  Like, just because Mr. Rogers smiles, or Mrs. Cleaver has a wasp waist and push up bra and her hot pads match, Eddie Haskell lurks.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

That might be why they let her go.  Dress-bunching.

1st good laugh of the day!

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

Sad to see Cathy P is gone. I wish her the very best. When she was knew, I thought she was doing a great job and was so pretty. while others were relentless with bashing. 

I will miss seeing you Cathy, and send you the warmest regards. You did a great job.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

That might be why they let her go.  Dress-bunching.

@Johnnyeager Smiley LOL Smiley LOL I almost spit my drink when I read this.

Super Contributor

@dancing 522queen wrote:

I really got to like Kathy and how she explained everything

in detail..  Maybe she's too smart for hosting.

BINGO!!

Super Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Who was the host that was on with David in the Friday night debut of ITKWD?  That was just last night and I could have sworn he introduced her as Cathy Pedrayes?  I guess I was wrong.

That was Ali Carr, a new program host.

Ugh!

New Contributor

I really liked Cathy and miss her at night. I can't get use to some of these other hosts, as they cut the guests off too much. They need to learn how to listen, then speak. They tend to be showy, like here I am so to speak. They need to be humble. I do like the new guy from that's on at night. He's a really nice host and great at presenting jewelry.
New Contributor

I liked Cathy and will miss her. I wish her well and the best in life!
I am still trying to get use to some of the newer hosts that started when Cathy did. They tend to be showy, or here I am so to speak. Also, they tend to cut the guests off when speaking. They need to learn to listen, then speak. Not all, but some of the newer female hosts need to be more humble. I do like the new male host that is on at night. He's a good presenter and really good when presenting jewelry. Cathydid shine when hosting food shows and outdoor gift/merchandise. She would have been great hosting cooking and outdoor shows. I am sure the Q could have found a place for her.