Honored Contributor

Re: Cathy Pedrayes - gone????

Sad!  I liked her!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Cathy just responded to people asking about her on her Instagram page.  Cathy confirmed that she indeed is gone from QVC -- she said Thursday was her last day

That's sad. I liked her a lot.

QVC is strange.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I seldom agree with anything JONNYSBRO writes, but his comments on this thread are spot on regarding Christine Zell. Cathy P. was a knowledgeable host and enjoyable to watch. She had an adult vocabulary and could interact with guests. I'm at a loss why Ms. Zell was not terminated for various infractions a year ago.

With Cathy Pedrayes' intelligence and degree in Sciences, she will go much further than selling stuff on TV. Imagine she'll be so much happier, too. Sorry for the bump in the road, but sometimes those are hidden blessings.  

Some other hosts would have a very, very rough time finding other lucrutive employment. Not Cathy Pedrayes. She'll be fine.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Cathy was very professional, earnest, friendly and sweet.  I wish her much success in all future endeavors. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

how long does it take for them to put the new hosts pages up?

it has been about 3-4 months now and i dont see any of them on the host page.

They don't get listed on the host page until they finish probation and sign a contract.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm sad to hear this too. I don't get to watch as much as I'd like, but I think she hosted a Linea show, and I was really impressed with how kind she seemed to be. 

IDK for sure, but it seems like it's "get the hook" quickly for some of the newer hosts. I wish she'd stayed around longer. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I saw a newbie a few nights ago doing a clothing show, a tiny little thing, i believe she said 5' 2".  Cute girl but very flakey.  She had the most casual, laid back persona Ive ever seen.  She got all the clothes mixed up so couldnt recite the colors, but just said, "oh, well".

Then there's the one on a couple nights ago with Danny of Or Paz.  She forgot to introduce herself or Danny.  She was rattling along not letting Danny say a word when he indicated they should start all over, cleared his throat and said, "good morning".  She didn't get it and just stared at him blankly.   Very pretty lady but clueless.  She did give her name after the show and I believe it was Rochelle.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind to our host.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

how long does it take for them to put the new hosts pages up?

it has been about 3-4 months now and i dont see any of them on the host page.

They don't get listed on the host page until they finish probation and sign a contract.

@Kachina624  ..... Cathy was on the host page so, that means she was “on contract” ... how can QVC fire someone on contract?

Esteemed Contributor

I think it was a mistake to let Cathy go.  She was smart and personable.  As far as comparing sales, of course the hosts who have been around forever will be selling on prime hours and have their following.  I wish Cathy well.