Honored Contributor

Re: Cathy Pedrayes - gone????

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

She's a petite blonde. I've caught her on 2 or 3 reruns (middle of the night)

@Andreatoodo you mean Terri Conn?

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I guess so! Are you sure she's saying Terri? I could have sworn she was saying Carrie Kahn

Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

I guess so! Are you sure she's saying Terri? I could have sworn she was saying Carrie Kahn

Smiley Tongue

@Andreatoo, LOL.   It's Terri Conn.  I remember her from As the World Turns.  

Regular Contributor

Who stays and who goes at QVC can be a head scratcher. I look for a host who is enjoyable to watch, knowledgeable, sincere and honest, not perfection. I don’t trust perfection, always analyzing what I might be missing about the product’s purported accolades. My desired criteria appear to be oxymorons in TV sales. Some of the pitches are downright insulting and over-the top.

Cathy matched my ideas of a host worth my time watching, obviously not QVCs. I wish her the best and that she secures an even better opportunity. 

Contributor

I thought Cathy was getting much improved as well, sorry to see her not on the hosts list. I currently think Terri Conn is the one with the most opportunity to stay on the host list.  I wish her well but have to say it's been difficult for me to get through one of her shows--I feel like she's struggling.. I recently heard her say to the vendor talent "wait, I have to say this..." Again, I can't imagine what the host's challenges must be and certainly wish her (and all the hosts) the very best.

Occasional Contributor

i wonder how important vendors inputs are. I only saw Cathy a few times but several times she misrepresented products and she was not warm and friendly with vendors, sometimes not even introducting them. It is not necessary to hug and kiss them, but be freindly and acknowledge they are the people representing the product.

Yes Stacey yells when she is talking, and Jen can't open her eyes. I won't buy from either one. I really liked Cathy
Respected Contributor

@turtlebabe wrote:
Yes Stacey yells when she is talking, and Jen can't open her eyes. I won't buy from either one. I really liked Cathy

Ive decided I will only buy items from certain hosts. I dont want to inflate hosts sales goals that I do not care for. So if I see an item I like being presented by someone I dont like, I wait until a few hours passes and order it online. Seems to be a middle ground approach. I know many hosts rub viewers the wrong way such as Rick, Rachel and Jane Tracey.

Occasional Contributor

You NAILED it!  That is exactly how she comes across.  I can not watch that girl.  She needs the heeve ho. 

Occasional Visitor

She was wonderful and so gorgeous. What is going on at QVC. I knew when they started bringing in new hosts some people would be leaving. Too bad. New does not always mean improved. Will miss seeing her.