New Contributor

Re: Cathy Pedrayes - gone????

On Instagram today, Cathy said her open house had over 70 people looking at her house.  I don't doubt that many people were curious to see the house. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Hey, @loriqvc .  You could certainly be right.

I sense disingenuousness somewhere, though.  Like, just because Mr. Rogers smiles, or Mrs. Cleaver has a wasp waist and push up bra and her hot pads match, Eddie Haskell lurk

I agree.  I also think becoming a social media person for another host is a demotion.  JMO   Also, we really don't know how friendly the hosts are when they aren't on the air.    I saw Cathy P. often "middle of the night here" doing clearance kitchen shows with Chef Joe.   Maybe they didn't give her shows that present a lot of new items that would sell well.  I thought she was good on clothing shows, but didn't see her doing those shows much.

Esteemed Contributor

Respected Contributor

This is surprising to me. But the last time I saw her she was eating something and giving her opinion about how it taste and I noticed the rest talked over her. And my heart broke for her. 

Respected Contributor

May be she felt out of place and it was her choice.

Respected Contributor

I am sure not a fan of the 2 new Cook's Essential hosts. Meredith did it all alone. But she was replaced by 2 ? Oh well maybe they get a break , because I thought Meredith was over worked anyway. Very badly so. As was Laura Wethers.But now the new Kitchen- Aid women is over worked in my opinion also.

Occasional Contributor

Cathy Pedrayes was an excellent charismatic host on QVC since 2017.She started out with 4 other ladies and only 3 remain. She was knowledgeable about Fashion, Culinary Arts Training and a degree in Environmental Science. Great rapport with her guest and models. Hard to understand why she was released from her duties while the other 3 ladies promoted to their own time slots. Cathy is presently selling her recently purchased home. Wish her success in New Yirk City. QVC you need to have DIVERSITY in your hosts. No Latinos,Asians and only a few African Americans. The United States is a multicultural society and QVC you need to change with the times.
Occasional Contributor

Miss Meredith ‘s recipes and her Blue Jean Apron Cooking Show. Chef McCallister is fabulous with his recipes for Cook Essentials at night.
Occasional Contributor

Let us get real that many people including management are defensive when you have an intelligent outspoken Latina woman who has Culinary Arts Training, Fashion Background and a degree as an Environmental Scientist. Most comments by people have been positive and one of surprise. QVC has no Asian, Latino and only a few African Americans as hosts. QVC you do not reflect the multicultural society we live in the United States. QVC you need to change with the times!!
Trusted Contributor

If we are talking about diversity, HSN has QVC beat hands-down.  In fact, starting years ago HSN management guided the channel to a more diverse on-air presence in terms of hosts. merchandise and guests:  it wanted minority group revenue, and offered the talent and merchandise it thought would bring in those dollars.  Look at the new hosts on QVC:  not exactly a diverse group.