Esteemed Contributor

Re: Case of the missing hostess....Alex Butler

@Prettychoo wrote:

She didn't look like the other homogeneous hostesses. To witty, funny, fast at the draw, perhaps to casual. I personally liked her for her uniqueness, but she didn't say "ya all" enough & "I'm from the South" she reminded me of a young version of the brash "Yo, I'm Italian, so you gotta love me, Antonella"

I believe she's African-American.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Prettychoo wrote:

She didn't look like the other homogeneous hostesses. To witty, funny, fast at the draw, perhaps to casual. I personally liked her for her uniqueness, but she didn't say "ya all" enough & "I'm from the South" she reminded me of a young version of the brash "Yo, I'm Italian, so you gotta love me, Antonella"

Well, it's possible. I never saw her hosting, but in her pictures, she is lighter than I am and I am not AA.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I even miss Amy Pohlner fan.  Troll dom at its highest level but very entertaining

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Prettychoo wrote:

Well, it's possible. I never saw her hosting, but in her pictures, she is lighter than I am and I am not AA.

@proudlyfromNJ It should make absolutely no difference or bearing in the already beaten to death new posts about this host, but yes, Alex was African-American.  You do know it has nothing to do with the shade of her complexion. If you are interested, she has posted family photos in the past on her IG page.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Prettychoo wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ It should make absolutely no difference or bearing in the already beaten to death new posts about this host, but yes, Alex was African-American.  You do know it has nothing to do with the shade of her complexion. If you are interested, she has posted family photos in the past on her IG page.

@Caaareful Shopper. I was going by pictures I saw of her. Have never seen her on air or pictures of her family. I just assume when a person looks white they are. Yes, I know what assume means. 

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@Moonchilde I thought and thought about it.    I still wonder why new posters get attacked.  What difference does it make what subject matter is in her first post or if she ever posts again.   

@Junebug54  The subject matter of a new poster makes no difference...To be bullied for their opinion is just so wrong.

Trusted Contributor

@freakygirl  Guess we are more "clueless" than some that have thousands of posts.    I'm ok with that...  I enjoy playing golf and reading.

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@freakygirl  Guess we are more "clueless" than some that have thousands of posts.    I'm ok with that...  I enjoy playing golf and reading.

Whereas, clearly, those who have more posts than you do have something wrong with them.  They must have no interests at all of any kind, and must spend 24/7 staring at the QVC forums.

LOL. Outside of being junior high to the max (totally), it’s sooooooo old a trope...

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

No different than you saying we are clueless so something must be wrong wih me.     And again with the name calling.  Just as junior highish as you are accusing me of being.     I actually apologized a few posts back thanks to spurt because I misunderstood the original post.    Have a nice day.   

Honored Contributor

Of course. Another I’m so timid, nice & sweet poster who is none of those things. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all