Respected Contributor

@2blonde This is true, I've heard many hosts say this many times.

Respected Contributor

@bamasec I agree!!! That drives my crazy!!! Carolyn & Leah both seem to stammer thru their sentences.  Makes you just want to finish the sentence for them,lol. 

There are many things that annoy me with hosts, that's why I rarely watch anymore. 

Valued Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Carolyn often says that she owns this or that, BUT, I did hear her address the complaints (she does read them apparently) that people had made about that. 

She said on air that she does purchase a lot.  She and the other hosts get generous discounts, but,  she donates a lot of things to a woman's shelter in her area and she gives a lot to family members.

I think Carolyn is one of the most geniune of any of the hosts at QVC, and, at least she did address misgivings of her honesty.  

I did like reading that, because I have said so MANY times, good heavens she and her husband must be loaded, as it seems EVERYTHING she shows she has one, or one in every color, 18 colors, no matter if it is 15.00 or 932.00 she has one

Esteemed Contributor

I notice a host will say "I own this or that",they don't say "I purchased this or that".  That tells me they were given the item so they could talk about it with knowledge. Big difference between I own and I bought in host lingo.  IMO.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I like Carolyn, she owns her size and makes the most of what she has to work with,  just like we all do. I don't care what she owns, but I wish she would stop saying this or that outfit makes you look skinny. No outfit will make a size 16 look like a size 2, disingenuous IMO. Unless of course, she's kidding.

Esteemed Contributor

@bewise  It really doesn't bother me when the hosts use these sales tactics (but it is fibbing, isn't it?) Anyway, what I do wonder is how they can possibly wear all of those clothes?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I like Carolyn and she does a good job describing the products....Saying she owns several items is such a minor thing compared to other hosts that do some REALLY annoying things or have some REALLY BAD habits............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Sometimes she is a little cutesy pie like when she sings at the end of her sentence or that horrible made-up name " Garalyn" when she hosts with Gary on D and C. Too much fake laughter. Guess I'm cranky because i didn't get enough sleep last night.

Valued Contributor

I like Carolyn and I can't imagine she could say anything to irritate.  She is a breath of fresh air.  I truly enjoy her.  

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of the host do the "ummms" when the show producers are telling them info in their earpiece..........Carolyn's not the only one....Ive notice this with other hosts too, and I dont notice it Carolyn very often either..........

And all the employees get great discounts too.... After a friend of mine reitred from our office, she wanted to earn some extra money for a trip she was taking, and she got a job at QVC's call center which is located in our city.....she said the discount was 50% off.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”