Esteemed Contributor

Re: Carolyn is such a good Host

@Effie54 wrote:

Not to sound....but no. Not my first choice. 

@Effie54  Mine, either.  Too bossy.  Doesn't let vendor speak.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cathyshopper wrote:

So I always enjoy Carolyn hosting but especially this morning when she was showing a Muk Luks set as always she made a point of actually showing the separate pieces so that you could see the print and actually knew the color names they gave to each pair.  She is always great at doing this. 

I won't bash hosts, but I will say she stands in sharp contrast to another mukluks presentation last night for the Sherpa set that was on sale where the color names were butchered by the host and you could barely see the various patterns.  Because the photos and colors online are usually so poor, The videos are important when you need to see choices. 

Carolyn obviously has great skill at this job and a wonderful personality to boot, but I would suggest all your hosts should be at least somewhat familiar with the colors and products they will be presenting especially if there are several for an item. 

I have to agree with you.  My goodness I turned to Q a few nights ago and Shawn was presenting some boots I really liked but she didn't know the colors, got in front of the displays, then she put it on the vendor to do the colors because she admitted she didn't know them.  What a mess.  I went to online to find out the information.  With that being said Carolyn is always prepared she goes into great detail.  Marybeth as well.  It would probably be good to have those two train the others.  I did order the boots. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I would like her better without the squirrels, enough already.

Honored Contributor

She is one of my favorites, and she seems kind. I will watch anything she hosts! She does explain the items more thoroughly than a lot of other hosts do.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Cathyshopper  Love Carolyn, she is great !

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Carolyn is my favorite.  She does not make the shows about herself.  I think she one of the best.  She does make references to her husband and family but not like and Jane and her daughters.  

@chiclet I can not stand Jane, and that is one of the reasons.  She is a quick channel change for me.  But I swear, EVERY TIME I see her for a nanosecond, she mentions her daughters.  She finds some way to work them into her presentation.  I would LIKE to think that she does not mention them with every product that she presents, but I am not willing to watch her long enough to find out.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I like Carolyn too and think she is one of the best.  But as someone else mentioned, that squirrel bit has got to go.  It is beyond stupid in my opinion.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Carolyn is one of my favorite hosts--informative, great personality, great voice!....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Not to sound....but no. Not my first choice. 

@Effie54  Mine, either.  Too bossy.  Doesn't let vendor speak.

Right! I don't mean to be rude, but she always makes everything about her. For some reason I just don't like that. And yes, before 1000 people tell me to change the channel, I already do that.

Regular Contributor

I agree Carolyn is a good host.  The only one that is really annoying to me is the one that smacks her lips usually always when she is showing colors.