Honored Contributor

Re: Carolyn hosting in the Kitchen!!

[ Edited ]

From fall through February I watch NFL football but since it's the off season for football and I like to just relax on Sunday to get ready for the hectic week ahead by watching movies, or reading or occasionally watching TV and ITKWD.......

I thought Carolyn was a breath of fresh air....I do enjoy her calm, informative presentation style.......and she has the best voice on QVC!  

David's show has grown real stale.....(I dont care whose fault it is)  same ole, same ole products and I've grown weary of the happy dance, product countdowns, and going through the colors for the millionth time (there's much more to products than colors, David).....This show could use some innovative and unique products and less color recitation and happy dancing...At least Carolyn's appearance was a nice change, something a little bit different from the routine.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Liiram80 wrote:
I understand that David deserves time off, but I am not a fan of Carolyn hosting In The Kitchen with David. She in my opinion is not a good host for this show.

He is entitled to whatever his contract allows for time off. It is not a matter of deserving anything. Carolyn was doing her job, which is to sell merchandise. 

@mom2four0418   

@Liiram80 wrote:
I understand that David deserves time off,

@mom2four0418

He is entitled to whatever his contract allows for time off. It is not a matter of deserving anything.

Gee....One wonders if members of these "fan clubs" will ever "allow" David or another one is Chris (with Lock N Lock) to ever have any time off..it seems to create an absolute panic....with numerous posts on the Forum, Facebook, and even calls to Customer Service...😆😆😆

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 I agree . I wish we would get a permenate new cook show host for David. Enough of the craziness. I don't enjoy watching him at all.Or his Stacy Lou craziness. Sorry. But I know I'm not the only one that feels like this. Just getting hugely stale.

Respected Contributor

Everyone should have a right to how they feel.It's only fair. We are one of the reason the shows are there.

Honored Contributor

There are viewers who have grown very weary of David and ITKWD as a whole, but there are many more (as evidenced by all the many shows QVC gives him) that are downright obsessed with David. 

His social media pages, Instagram and FB) are filled with posters who pledge their loyalty only to David, as if anyone even asked for that.  They state that they will not watch any of his shows when he is not hosting them -- period.  It's like they need to re-assure him that they will be waiting with baited breath, and will not accept anyone else in his shows.  

I like David very much, but I could care less who substitutes for his shows, or how many vacations the man takes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

@Liiram80 wrote:
I understand that David deserves time off, but I am not a fan of Carolyn hosting In The Kitchen with David. She in my opinion is not a good host for this show.

I think that Mary and Stacy are the most logical and best hosts to fill in for David.  They are far more professional.   Less "I know" and "hula dances"!

Carolyn eats her way through any cooking show.   I do not enjoy her constantly talking with her mouth full and taking every second of vendor talk time to graze her way through the presentations. 

And, for purely safety reasons, no one on these cooking shows should be wearing open toed shoes!

@NYwoman   Personally, I don't care for Carolyn and I don't watch her.  She has an attitude that if you don't buy this, what is wrong w/you.......very condescending.   She has the demeanor that she knows everything and you must listen to her.  JMO

Honored Contributor

I would rather see Carolyn or Jane T. or Rick as subs for David instead of Stacey or Mary D.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee I think it would be more to see Dan Hughes instead of Rick. Dan is a riot at ti,imes.