Honored Contributor

Re: Carolyn hosting in the Kitchen!!

When David goes on vacations, I would prefer to see Carolyn or Jane T. fill in.  

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

I think Carolyn does a fine job hosting no matter what she's selling.

@Diva on The Q 

I do too!

She's one of the least frantic hosts, never screeching, calm demeanor and gives good info on the products she's presenting.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I like Carolyn. She seems really down to earth. No hard sell...just easy going and the vendors all seem to like working with her. I enjoy any show she hosts.

Respected Contributor

@Liiram80 wrote:
I understand that David deserves time off, but I am not a fan of Carolyn hosting In The Kitchen with David. She in my opinion is not a good host for this show.

@Liiram80   Welcome!  Welcome!  So glad you took the time to join the boards to be critical of Carolyn who is one of the best hosts ever on QVC.  Maybe you are having a bad day because I watched the show and loved it.  Carolyn is so calm and informative.  There isn't a show that Carolyn does that I don't like. 

It is amazing how everyone has different opinions and tastes.  I guess that is why we have vanilla and chocolate, etc. etc. ice cream -- so everyone can be happy.

Again, welcome. 

Honored Contributor

It always amazes me that anyone would make a first post here a negative one.   That's like walking into a roomful of strangers and complaining then wondering why no one wants to talk with you.  First impressions are important. 

Respected Contributor

@Liiram80 wrote:
I understand that David deserves time off, but I am not a fan of Carolyn hosting In The Kitchen with David. She in my opinion is not a good host for this show.

He is entitled to whatever his contract allows for time off. It is not a matter of deserving anything. Carolyn was doing her job, which is to sell merchandise. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Carolyn did ok and she did munch through the entire show.  Its part of the sales pitch.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I'll take Carolyn Gracie over DV any day....she is an excellent host!

Esteemed Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@Liiram80 wrote:

@Liiram80   Welcome!  Welcome!  So glad you took the time to join the boards to be critical of Carolyn who is one of the best hosts ever on QVC.  Maybe you are having a bad day because I watched the show and loved it.  Carolyn is so calm and informative.  There isn't a show that Carolyn does that I don't like. 

It is amazing how everyone has different opinions and tastes.  I guess that is why we have vanilla and chocolate, etc. etc. ice cream -- so everyone can be happy.

Again, welcome. 

And posters should be  allowed to have different opinions as ourselves and should not be criticized for it.    

Respected Contributor

I adore Carolyn. She is so warm and interesting in her delivery.