Honored Contributor

It was probably the shorter hair.

Honored Contributor

We don't see CP as often as we used to and she is aging, we all are. I don't know how old she is, but I think she looks great and I also prefer a natural look. Those who can afford it are not fooling anyone but themselves with all the botox  and ****** and tucks.

Esteemed Contributor

I have many of her earlier pieces and they are just stunning.  I don't like brass with silver.

Contributor

LOVE LOVE LOVE CAROLYN POLLACK

I adore Carolyn Pollack & her jewelry lines.  I always try to watch her shows live & record them to watch over & over again. 

She is just so darn personable & cute in addition to being very talented.  Her partnership with her husband Bill has been a blessing to many people, both to those of us who like their jewelry & those who are employed at every step of the way. 

I got to visit her shop in Santa Fe while on a road trip through New Mexico a couple of years ago.  Boy, was that a treat.  Picked up several pieces at wonderful prices & got to just luxuriate in the American West vibe.  The funny thing is that growing up in Texas during the 50's & 60's before air conditioning, I always hated "Western" culture .... too hot, too dry, too dusty, too hickish, too horsey .....  But Carolyn has put the glam in the Southwest for me, and now I really enjoy her stories of Southwestern lore & style. 

As you well know, we like things big in Texas ..... big bling, big hair .....  just wish I had a bigger budget so I could pile on more Native Pearls & Sleeping Beauty turquoise.  My dream is a big expensive squash blossom necklace.  I'd throw my own Buckeroo Ball for that! 

I tell myself that when I buy a piece of Carolyn's jewelry, I'm investing in silver LOL!!!!  You know all the investment gurus who advertise are saying "Buy silver!  It's selling at 40% of its all time high & it is going to go back up!"  When the zombie apocalypse occurs, I am going to pile on all my treasures & head for the hills.  I can always barter away one silver bead at a time for whatever we need.  Hey, isn't that what the Native Americans did with their silver conchas?  Put 'em on a belt & used 'em as money!

As for how Carolyn looks, I think she is an inspiration.  She is always fresh & adorable & wears the most interesting things.  I wish the Q would bring a line of Carolyn Pollack clothes & footwear to go with her jewelry ....  fringed leather jackets, midi/maxi skirts, kicky cowgirl boots with fun leather designs & colors, concha belts & soft "squaw boots" with conchas & fringe, beautiful "heiress" shirts and skirts,  senora/senorita lace, colorful heavily embroidered "Mexican dresses", Native American blanket jackets, chamois soft shirts .....  So we can put the Glamma in Grandma!

As for me, I am not aging gracefully myself, so I might as well have some fun & make some memories.  We can't take it with us, so we'd better enjoy it while we're here LOL!!!!! 

Super Contributor

Besides the hair style, which looks great, the heaviness around her eyes is gone, perhaps a lower eye lift. Good for her! I enjoy her very much as a host, did not buy anything recently as prices don't seem much better than waiting until my next trip out west. Also agree on disliking brass...I am allergic and prefer sterling.

Regular Contributor

I was just thinking how thin her legs are and wearing a short dress way above the knees is not flattering..wish ladies in their 50s and up would learn short short dresses are not flattering..period..

Honored Contributor

@marchingalong123 wrote:

Carolyn Pollock has gained a lot of weight. That's what I see different.

This post  above is from back in July.  I too thought she looked like she had gained weight but on the Labor Day show it sure looked as if she'd lost it. IMO she looked much slimmer, although I only saw her sitting down.  Still...I did notice it.