Esteemed Contributor

I have liked Carolyn for sometime, and I think her voice is terrific (especially compared to some of the younger hosts on the Q.) But in the past few months, I do detect a certain Grande Dame-ishness developing about her. I don't know exactly what it is, but I thought she was very standoffish with the Lock n Lock rep filling in for Chris on Sunday. She seemed almost dismissive of the woman. Maybe too much holiday stress.

Respected Contributor
On 12/29/2014 susankate said:

LOVE CAROLYN GRACIE...I WILL WATCH SHOWS SIMPLY BECAUSE SHE IS THE HOST...ACTUALLY, I COULD WATCH HER EVERY DAY

My sentiments exactly. Carolyn is by far my favorite host. I do enjoy Jill very much and Shawn also, but no one comes close to Carolyn. I'm sure she is doing double duty right now to fill in for others who may be on vacation or just taking a break after Christmas. But I could easily watch her all day without a break!

Respected Contributor
On 12/29/2014 NYwoman said:
On 12/29/2014 ValuSkr said:

As another poster said, Carolyn is probably filling in for others. With so many pets, it's not as easy for her to go away for the holidays.

Her pets don't prevent her from taking her cruises and other vacations. The amount of animals and QVC items she has are the definition of hoarding. I feel sorry for them as they must not get one on one attention and individual daily walks.

Her voice is professional except when she shrieks, "sings", and baby talks.

Her ITKWD shows are dinnertime!

Nonsense. When she travels, she has a pet-sitter come in and stay with the pets. In addition, I've seen plenty of video and photos of her with her pets and they all seem very well adjusted, loved and cared for. Given the number of pets in need of rescue, and given that she has the time, money and love to care for them all, I'd call her a patron saint of God's creatures, not a hoarder.

Contributor

Omg yes! Every time I turn on to the Q she's on. Enough already!

PS

Don't suggest I change the channel because that's exactly what I do

Super Contributor

I'm glad. She is one of the best, if not the best host they have, she can sell anything, and she has worked hard and deserves it, just like Lisa Robertson did.

Honored Contributor
On 12/29/2014 Laserbeam1 said: Whoa everybody! I never meant I didn't like her, but she now does shows she never did before & I certainly know how to change the channel!
When hosts have time off, other hosts have to cover their shows. It's possible for a host to cover a show they've never hosted before. Carolyn is thorough in her presentations and does a good job giving the details on whatever show she hosts.
Honored Contributor
On 12/29/2014 Krimpette said:

She's clearly the host with the most pleasant speaking voice….something I've always thought. I believe she was previously in radio, perhaps. She presents the items very well and that's what I care the most about.

I enjoy Carolyn also and she does have one of the most pleasant voices of any of the hosts. I like David, but enjoy when Carolyn or Jill sub for him just for a change of pace. I'm also glad to see more of the different hosts in the evening now that Lisa isn't there every night. I know she did a great job, but I like the variety since each host has their own way of presenting items. Hoping QVC makes a lot of changes next year. We need more variety.

Honored Contributor
On 12/29/2014 susankate said:

LOVE CAROLYN GRACIE...I WILL WATCH SHOWS SIMPLY BECAUSE SHE IS THE HOST...ACTUALLY, I COULD WATCH HER EVERY DAY

LOL!!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor
I've been watching for a long time. And the host never said they owned the product. They just presented it. And the ultimate tacky move is when they want the producer to "" buy the item"" for them .
Honored Contributor

I've noticed Carolyn is on quite a bit and she is quite the aggressive sales person. I don't enjoy watching her as much as I used to because of her recent on air persona, but I'm still watching with the sound on.