Frequent Contributor

Carolyn Gracie's Estee Lauder Perfume Name???

Hi!

I was watching Cara Kahnn present the TSV yesterday and she asked Carolyn what perfume she was wearing.  I missed what Carolyn said only that it was "an oldie but a goodie by Estee Lauder."  Anyone remember which perfume?

Thanks and have a beautiful day!!Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Carolyn Gracie's Estee Lauder Perfume Name???

"Youth Dew" ?   

(I didn't see the show, just naming the only EL oldie-but-goodie I can think of right now)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I had no idea which one she is wearing. But "Beautiful" was started in 1985. "Estee" was released in 1968.  And like @tototwo said, "Youth Dew" is the oldest and the very first perfume from Estee Lauder.  If I were to guess, I would say that she is wearing "beautiful."

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tototwo wrote:

"Youth Dew" ?   

(I didn't see the show, just naming the only EL oldie-but-goodie I can think of right now)

@tototwo ..... YOUTH DEW is my favorite ..... I started wearing around  1969 & still wear it to this day .... just a little goes a long way & OH the complements keep coming from women & men alike❤️

Honored Contributor

I haven't thought about Youth Dew in ages. When I was in high school only the richest girls in school could afford that. Youth Dew was the first high end perfume I bought when I graduated from high school and got my first job. My youngest sister used to steal it from me all the time,Oh! what fights we had.LOL

Valued Contributor

My Mom wore Youth Dew.  Any time I smell that scent I think of her.  Its still available at the counters.  She likes Obsession now.

Super Contributor

UGHHHHH!!!!!!!  Youth Dew is the classic "old lady" perfume. . . . the WORST.   We used to gag at the smell when we worked in the cosmetic department in high school.  Thank God I rarely encounter anyone wearing it anymore.

Frequent Contributor

It was "Beautiful" that she said she was wearing.

Honored Contributor

I've never been a fan of EL's fragrances, especially the old "classics."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I've worn Estee Lauder's "Estee" for over 35 years, always opting for the Pure Fragrance spray (more oil) rather than the Super Cologne spray.  That is until a year or two ago when they lessened the oil in the product.  My DH (who loved that scent) asked if I was still buying it!  I said "yes I have it on right now" as we were leaving the house!  And he couildn't smell it at all it had dissipated that fast.

I've stopped buying it completely, complained to EL website and won't buy their products any more.  Stupid move IMHO.  Smiley Sad

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*