Esteemed Contributor

Re: Carolyn Gracie on Denim + Co

I don't know why some of the hosts are put into ill-fitting clothing they're selling, while others like Shawn K. never have to wear what she's selling and not even from the Q.

Would anything happen if Carolyn stopped wearing all D&Co. and wore her own custom-fitted and altered, expensive fashion from other places than the Q? Yes, all heck would break loose. Such inequality at the Q....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

IF a stylist put Carolyn in that horrid striped dress the stylist needs to be fired.  IT looked awful on her.  I am 69 years old and usually a 1X in clothes.  I hate wearing things that cling to every lump and bump I have and will go up a size in a heartbeat to avoid calling attention to my problem areas.

I have never seen a horizontal striped top or dress that has made me look slim despite the hosts and vendors insisting that stripes do not add pounds. I have a mirror, lol.

New Contributor

I really like Carolyn Gracie and think she is a great host.  She is a beautiful woman and when she has on the right size clothes, she looks great. But, most of the time ,her clothes are way too tight.  I hate when she says "I wear a large" and you can tell by looking at her that she is bigger than a large. 

Esteemed Contributor

Really, I don't think Carolyn is trying to be a Fashion Diva. I think she puts on what they give her, and repeats her size. If it's too tight, customers will buy larger. I don't think she cares at all if something is a L, XL. She shows you her tummy, her backside, her middle. She's not trying to hide anything.

The problem Carolyn has is she has narrow shoulders and a bigger middle. If she wore bigger size tops, they would be hanging off her shoulders.

Carolyn is most interested in selling and helping the customer to buy. And I would guess she is right there on top as far as sales. She's a professional through and through. 

Frequent Contributor

So many hosts give sizes that have me scratching my head!  So difficult for me to order anything based on their reference to sizing.  

Respected Contributor

The real women thing is not meant to offend or suggest smaller women aren't real. But when we look at tv and all we see for the most part are tiny women we larger girls start to feel left out like we should hide from the world. Maybe consider not be offended and think about how you would feel if the roles were reversed and most of the women on tv and in ads were big and celebrated for it. For me being an older woman it sometimes feels like we're invisible. Add on some extra weight and it can feel like we should be put out to pasture. Be offended if you choose but that is not at all what the real women phrase means. 

As far as sizing I'm in between a small and medium right now. If I were modeling clothes on tv I would wear mediums. Too tight in the belly area is not attractive for a bigger girl. 

Respected Contributor

I personally think that no one really "dresses" Carolyn or any of the other hosts or the models. With some of the sizing or colors of certain clothes, I just do not see a professional wardrobe person making such mistakes.

Even the clothes the hosts wear of their own choosing, someone should  be standing there saying " Unmm, no ... I really do not think so... that just is not going to work!".

-Texas Hill Country-