Regular Contributor

Carolyn Gracie on Denim + Co

I like CG very much. She is a real sized woman and owns it and talks about her figure flaws etc...very honestly And candidly which is very refreshing.  My peeve today is whoever styled her outfit today made a huge booboo.....that jacket she had on did not fit her at all!!! No way could she zip that thing! It was so unflattering on her. I felt bad for her because ususlly she looks great. Think the wardrobe/stylists need to rethink their choices...

Respected Contributor

Re: Carolyn Gracie on Denim + Co

What is "real women"????  I'm a size 2-4, am I not real? 

Maybe she chose her own clothing.  How do you know somone else dressed her?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LancerHawkFriar wrote:

I like CG very much. She is a real sized woman and owns it and talks about her figure flaws etc...very honestly And candidly which is very refreshing.  My peeve today is whoever styled her outfit today made a huge booboo.....that jacket she had on did not fit her at all!!! No way could she zip that thing! It was so unflattering on her. I felt bad for her because ususlly she looks great. Think the wardrobe/stylists need to rethink their choices...

-------------------

I agree with every thing you said about Carolyn - her honesty and openness.  And yes, it seems like everytime I have seen Carolyn lately, her clothes do not fit her body!!  I do think it is as simple as wearing clothes in a larger size.   I also think the same happens to two other Q people that I like - Leah and Jaquie, the model.

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

What is "real women"????  I'm a size 2-4, am I not real? 

Maybe she chose her own clothing.  How do you know somone else dressed her?

I get so tired of these "real women" comments.  It would seem that only women the size and shape of Carolyn are considered to be real women, according to many posters here and many hosts on QVC.  I'm 6ft tall and slim and I am just as real as anyone else!

As far as her clothes go, I do think she often wears things that don't flatter her.  The short jackets only seem to emphasize her widest part and when it looks like the two sides won't meet in the middle to do up, that just makes it worse.

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@LancerHawkFriar wrote:

-------------------

I agree with every thing you said about Carolyn - her honesty and openness.  And yes, it seems like everytime I have seen Carolyn lately, her clothes do not fit her body!!  I do think it is as simple as wearing clothes in a larger size.   I also think the same happens to two other Q people that I like - Leah and Jaquie, the model.

I agree also...i do think Carolyn, Leah and Jacquie wear clothes too tight....but i would also add Mary Beth & Jill to the list too..........jackets way too small to close, etc.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@LancerHawkFriar wrote:

-------------------

Having watched Carolyn for years, I've come to the conclusion that consistently wearing her clothing at least a size too small is her choice, and hers alone.

There have been several threads on the forums about women who wear their clothes too small. It's just the way they like to wear them - they honestly think that is their best look. Others may think oh no, it must be someone else's fault, that person couldn't possibly be doing that on purpose - but they are.

I like Carolyn a lot. She's one of my favorite hosts. I wish she wouldn't do this, but clearly, she wants to. It's just a shame that it isn't a good look on her, and I don't think it sells clothes either. On the few occasions I've seen her wear clothes that are her proper size (whatever that is), she looks really great.

I don't think, however, her habit of wearing too-small clothes is going to change - it doesn't change for any of the women who do it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

its funny how we all see things so differently!

when i tuned in and saw caroline today, first thing i thought was how FABULOUS that jacket looked on her.  

it is, by the way, a style that is not supposed to be zipped shut, ... it's supposed to stay open.  it fit her to a T !!  and it looked so good with all black on underneath.  

this is only my own personal opinion, but i find that, being hippy, my clothes look better a little fitted. (there is a difference between tight and fitted, as my DD always tells me when i ask if something is too tight LOL).  on ME (i have been told) that something nicely fitted around my middle calls LESS attention to my spreading middle than hanging a big tent over it. 

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy

"it is, by the way, a style that is not supposed to be zipped shut"

So are you saying that the zipper on that short waisted jacket is for decoration only?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@corita wrote:

@LancerHawkFriar wrote:

-------------------

Having watched Carolyn for years, I've come to the conclusion that consistently wearing her clothing at least a size too small is her choice, and hers alone.

There have been several threads on the forums about women who wear their clothes too small. It's just the way they like to wear them - they honestly think that is their best look. Others may think oh no, it must be someone else's fault, that person couldn't possibly be doing that on purpose - but they are.

I like Carolyn a lot. She's one of my favorite hosts. I wish she wouldn't do this, but clearly, she wants to. It's just a shame that it isn't a good look on her, and I don't think it sells clothes either. On the few occasions I've seen her wear clothes that are her proper size (whatever that is), she looks really great.

I don't think, however, her habit of wearing too-small clothes is going to change - it doesn't change for any of the women who do it.

---------------------------

@Moonchilde -  You may be right!   Guess my thought was --  where is the stylist??  The hosts are always making reference to the person that styles the models and the hosts.  I would hope that person would make a constructive suggestion as to the ill-fitting clothing.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Other than some  of  the models, I think all of the women on QVC wear their jackets too tight. If there is a 6-8 inch gap from side to side, it is TOO TIGHT!