Respected Contributor
Any type of take out food should be immediately removed from their containers and put into a properly cleaned home container. This should be done with as little contact with the takeout containers as possible and hopefully with gloves on. If you don’t do this you are leaving yourself vulnerable to germs from the containers.
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

@mom2four0418 So the food is not safe to eat?  

It's a precaution. There's no evidence that the coronavirus is foodborne, but I wouldn't eat berries or cookies someone else had touched. I order takeout, but I only order food that's been cooked, not cold things like salad or sushi.

@Alison Wonderland, you're smart, but it is also a good idea to heat the food after it's delivered.

Important tip, @suzyQ3 , thanks! I do! Smiley Happy And since it's such a hassle to keep everything clean, I sometimes order for more than one meal at a time.

I set up an assembly line before the food arrives with plates, containers, and large spoons so I don't have to open drawers or cabinets. I collect the good and put the bag on a cardboard box, then wash my hands. Then I open one container at a time, scoop the food out into containers or on a plate and throw out containers, put spoons in the dishwasher, and wash my hands as I go. Once all the containers are in the trash, I take out the trash, including the cardboard box I set the bag on. I wash my hands again, wash the faucet knobs, put anything I'm going to eat in the microwave and put anything to save in the fridge.

It feels like a crazy production, but these days everything feels that way. I have asthma and hypertension already, so I try to be extra careful.

Super Contributor

I wish they would stop wasting so much food, especially when so many are struggling to buy food and feed their families.  I think it's absolutely ridculous they are not eating anything, personally.  But if that's the case, for G-d's sake make a tiny portion or live stream it from someone's home where it can be eaten afterwards.

Honored Contributor

@ChillyTulip wrote:

I wish they would stop wasting so much food, especially when so many are struggling to buy food and feed their families.  I think it's absolutely ridculous they are not eating anything, personally.  But if that's the case, for G-d's sake make a tiny portion or live stream it from someone's home where it can be eaten afterwards.

@ChillyTulip A business using samples and displays is not a waste of food.  They sell thousands of units--they have to display it and showcase it to sell it. 

Most of what's out on the table is there for hours, sprayed with oils or shelac, or colored with dyes and is never edible.  People have to use products to sell them.  And I'll assure you that the people in the studio wouldn't touch it.  They eat pieces that are set aside for that only 

Respected Contributor
Sometimes what looks like whipping cream can actually be shaving cream, that is why hosts ask before tasting (when they did taste).
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ChillyTulip wrote:

@ChillyTulip A business using samples and displays is not a waste of food.  They sell thousands of units--they have to display it and showcase it to sell it. 

Most of what's out on the table is there for hours, sprayed with oils or shelac, or colored with dyes and is never edible.  People have to use products to sell them.  And I'll assure you that the people in the studio wouldn't touch it.  They eat pieces that are set aside for that only 

------------

Some time ago, I remember seeing Antonella taste something - don't remember what it was - but it was fake!!  She made a face, said something and removed it from her mouth!!  I think I remember that they brought her a glass of water!!