Regular Contributor

Is it just me or does Carolyn never seem prepared for her show? I watch the other hosts and they always seem well prepared. Maybe she has been there too long?

Respected Contributor

Seriously? 

Super Contributor

In my opinion, she gives a lot of information and details about apparel that I find helpful. I don't know how she does on garden items because I rarely watch those shows. If you are referring to her filling in on QVC2 Wednesday night, it was a different set up than she is used to, so I would give her a pass. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Carolyn is very popular and the favorite host of many.  I think she does just fine.  If the OP wants to make claims of lack of preparedness, she should cite specific examples instead of vague accusations. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Imo Carolyn does a good job and always seems prepared to me.

Regular Contributor

It seems like every time shes on with Harry Slatkin its just disaster. You can tell that Harry is fed up!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Carolyn Good Job?

[ Edited ]

Personally,  I think she's highly overrated as a host, but she clearly has her fans.  And no poster is under any obligation to justify his/her opinions.

Respected Contributor

@StopTalking wrote:

It seems like every time shes on with Harry Slatkin its just disaster. You can tell that Harry is fed up!!!

What did Mr Slatkin do or say to express that he is"fed up" with this host?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@StopTalking  I watched today's presentation with Carolyn and Harry.  There was nothing in that show that even slightly resembled what you are describing.  I think you simply don't like Carolyn, and to take your phrase -- yes, I definitely think it's you.

Harry was warm to Carolyn and even blew her a kiss over Skype at the end of their presentation.  She gave him plenty of time to speak, in fact, Harry did 90% of the talking, while Carolyn interjected to ask those common candle questions about the wicks and the scents. Carolyn may not be the smoothest host to get in questions, but does QVC really have a host that isn't trying to get in their script anymore?

If anyone is vaguely interested (and I don't know why), the item #H230342 has the video.  

Esteemed Contributor
  • I think Carolyn does a good job. As for unpreparedness....there are a few I could name as guilty but I won't.
Trees are the lungs of the Earth