Esteemed Contributor
On 8/20/2014 hopeQ1 said:

If you have got to or do lie to me in order to sell your products, then I do not trust you AT ALL and never believe a word out of your mouth, regardless of the subject matter, even if it's the weather in your area. And then because you do so, I will not watch your shows.

I know their job is to create and increase sales, and they are all in competition with one another to stay top producers. But if they can't do it honestly and professionally, I won't accept them constantly telling me deliberate lies. That speaks to the true character of a person and their beliefs, which is more than just trying to keep on top of sales.

A liar is a cheat and a thief. I have no use for any of those.

I don't think you'll be watching or shopping the Q very much.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like sales ploys. I don't like car salesmen's spiels either. Give me the facts and then leave me alone to decide if I want to buy. If I do, I'll call you.

This is why I stopped watching the Q. The few times I do put it on, I get amused by the silliness.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

All of the hosts have said that at times. Let's just hope people are smart enough to know a sales trick.

Esteemed Contributor

I heard Jayne Brown tell someone to order her a pair of the shoes they were showing in every color and there were at least 5 colors. Yikes, I think the shoes were over $100.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

I really like Carolyn. She is a natural. When she states she owns most items I believe her. I have noticed her wearing most of the jewe. and Logo she owns. I am definitely a FAN of Carolyn!

Valued Contributor
On 8/13/2014 mosky said:

This is a quiz...Have any of you that has seen Carolyn doing a show,hear her say that she or someone in her family,has the product she is presenting.Sometimes she says (if its a clothing item,she has it in several colors and if she only owns one,then she claims she purchased some for all her family.I almost find her to be a comedian.She is either making things up or she is a millionaire!!!

Yes, I have. She must have her paycheck direct deposited back to QVC.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor
On 8/20/2014 MoJoV said:

I heard Jayne Brown tell someone to order her a pair of the shoes they were showing in every color and there were at least 5 colors. Yikes, I think the shoes were over $100.

It has to be a sales ploy. Why don't the hosts just order before they go on air. I remember a couple of shows where Jacque was the host and was supposedly ordering on her phone while she was hosting. Also, when Lisa says to order her some of the items, I question that. I think she likes more "Madison Ave." type items.

Super Contributor
All the hosts are SALESPEOPLE.....Duhhhhh......
Regular Contributor

Honestly, I don't see the big deal here. She wanted the item for herself. I am not bothered by it. Have you ever done sales? If you have not, let me assure you that sales is a tough business. I have been in sales for 30 years, and I know. Then, add the pressure of having to talk constantly for hours on end in front of a camera and make an item water in your mouth that you pick up the phone and/or go online to place an order.

Let's cut some slack for these hosts that have a really tough job! Let's say some nice things for a change and stop all endless criticism.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Carolyn is pretty much the best host QVC has. She seems very genuine to me, comfortable with who she is, and based on where she lives, her animals, her lifestyle, etc., I have no doubt that when she says she owns a piece of Denim & Co, she does. I have often seen her wearing something from Denim & Co while doing other shows, and no D&Co show on that shift. And if she says she bought something for her mother, I feel sure she did. I don't think she comes across at all as someone who would say something like that just to "fill time". She never acts in any way as a "phony", as some do. But that's just my opinion. And I think most of us here are grown women and buy what we need or like, not because a host says they own it...that makes no difference to me whatever.

Denim & co apparently fits her lifestyle, so if she can afford it (and I daresay she can), why shouldn't she? She seems to have a very active life, and probably needs more clothes than some of us on the boards who have retired and are not as socially active as we once were. I should be so lucky.....

I don't have her lifestyle, but I often buy multiples of something if it fits well, I really like the style, and want several colors. Why wouldn't she?