Frequent Contributor

Re: Caroline Gracie this Morning

There are several hosts who always say they have everything.  It doesn't matter to me.  I do get a laugh out of the things they say.  Some hosts really get on my nerves so I mute the sound and watch the presentation.  I don't buy according to what they say about a product.  Usually I read the reviews and that helps me to decide.  QVC can sometimes be very entertaining.

Frequent Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

Never been a fan of Carolyn.   Like others said, she owns everything in every color or has bought it for her mother.  When she's presenting clothing, her choice description is that the item is so slimming.  I just have to laugh, because it looks the opposite.  I can't see how people are so taken in by the fibs they tell.

Jane Tracey also says she has everything especially shoes, purses and clothes.  I really like Amy Stran and Mary Nelson since they seldom say they have everything QVC sells.  Most probably don't care if the hosts have everything on the planet.

Esteemed Contributor

(apologies - I didn't read the replies!)

IMHO the absolute worst is

Shannon Smith at HSN

she owns everything in multiple colors

mute, mute, change the channel, change the channel ... cannot happen fast enough

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

I noticed a long time ago ESPECIALLY ON BEAUTY PRODUCTS that this ALWAYS happens!!!!....Whenever any host is presenting a beauty product it's always "their favorite" and "the only one they use in their personal life".....but then they forget what they said and get caught in their sales lies and it makes ALL their presentations and claims seem null and void!!!  

Why dont they just talk about the attributes of the products on the shows and forget these personal testimonies that don't ring true......This gimmick that the "hosts are your friends, so you can trust them"....just doesn't work.....if the product is that good, let the results speak for themselves.....

Image result for cat meme liar liar

@Spurt @Oh My !!!   This is the best!! Love it 😻😻. Lol !   I will say though I do have to give Carolyn high marks and praise for all she does for animals.   I have always said that people who love and care for animals are special people.   My only point was I don't appreciate a host , any host,  trying that hard to sell to me that they have to say they use Everything !!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

I noticed a long time ago ESPECIALLY ON BEAUTY PRODUCTS that this ALWAYS happens!!!!....Whenever any host is presenting a beauty product it's always "their favorite" and "the only one they use in their personal life".....but then they forget what they said and get caught in their sales lies and it makes ALL their presentations and claims seem null and void!!!  

Why dont they just talk about the attributes of the products on the shows and forget these personal testimonies that don't ring true......This gimmick that the "hosts are your friends, so you can trust them"....just doesn't work.....if the product is that good, let the results speak for themselves.....

@Spurt @Oh My !!!   This is the best!! Love it 😻😻. Lol !   I will say though I do have to give Carolyn high marks and praise for all she does for animals.   I have always said that people who love and care for animals are special people.   My only point was I don't appreciate a host , any host,  trying that hard to sell to me that they have to say they use Everything !!

@Kitty Galore 

Actually Carolyn is one of my favorite hosts, she's pleasant, calm, has a nice voice, and does give good product information, and interacts well with vendors, my only beef is the same one I have with ALL the hosts and the beauty product presentations--all of the products can't be their personal favorites...And yes I may be a bit biased with Carolyn because we both share a  love for animals ...Cat Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

@Kitty Galore 

Actually Carolyn is one of my favorite hosts, she's pleasant, calm, has a nice voice, and does give good product information, and interacts well with vendors, my only beef is the same one I have with ALL the hosts and the beauty product presentations--all of the products can't be their personal favorites...And yes I may be a bit biased with Carolyn because we both share a  love for animals ...Cat Very Happy

@Spurt   I have to agree with you ,  always thought she had a great voice ,  calm and soothing,  and then there is her love for animals which I share along with you.    Your right ,  all the products can't be there favorites and that was the point ,  and not just Carolyn ,  it was just that she was on and the julep TSV was just on a few days ago and it just got me is all.  😺

Trusted Contributor

That is funny because if you listen to Carolyn, she has bought everything QVC has ever sold.  She must have a really big house!  I wonder if she gets a discount! Ha!

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:

@Spurt 

Just when this back-to-school, back-to-work, summer's-over kind of day is starting to depress me, my darling Spurt comes up with a fantastic cat photo, and I want to live again!!! Thank you! Cat Very Happy

Love you, lady! 

#CatsRule

#WhatsWrongWithBeingACatLady

#CatsDontFallForSalesPitches

@MarnieRez3  - I always enjoy @Spurt 's posts.  The Captain Obvious kitty always puts a smile on my face!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Carolyn has one of most everything she's presenting.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Regular Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

That is funny because if you listen to Carolyn, she has bought everything QVC has ever sold.  She must have a really big house!  I wonder if she gets a discount! Ha!

@Jinlei 

lollollol