Esteemed Contributor

Caroline Gracie this Morning

I know all the hosts probably do this but I found I had to laugh when Caroline during the perfect formula presentation that it's the only thing she uses or done thing to that effect.  that it saved  her nails once she took off her acrylics .  Well just a few days ago when the Julep TSV was on she claimed that was the only thing she used and it saved her nails and wouldn't be  without it .   Not the exact words I have to point out ,  but that is the jest of it.    I guess I like to think that a host doesnt embellish ,  but I guess selling really IS the name of the game for some.  😏

Honored Contributor

Re: Caroline Gracie this Morning

I wouldn't be a good salesperson - am not a good liar, and not even comfortable exaggerating the truth.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore, I don’t know if that is a typo or just the most marvelous subtle joke I have seen in forever.  In any case I almost choked on my coffee.  Love it!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkrYears ago I was visiting with a teaching colleague and her hubby was there, too.  He was a vendor rep marketing high-priced knives to upscale department stores, hardware chains, etc.

I csn't remember why he made this comment buy he said to us, "In your job, telling the truth is easy."   

Part of me never really trusted him to begin with, but part of me also doesn't listen to all the claims salespeople make no matter who they are, who they work for, etc.  "Caveat emptor" will always be my favorite shopping advice.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Can't count the number of times I've heard Shawn K claim to use - this product - this product - wouldn't be without it.

Honored Contributor

They are salespeople, nothing more, nothing less.  They will say anything to make a sale.

If they all had the Q products they say they do, they would have to have a house the size of a large warehouse.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Not the exact words, the jest of it...Why bother starting this thread?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I know all the hosts probably do this but I found I had to laugh when Caroline during the perfect formula presentation that it's the only thing she uses or done thing to that effect.  that it saved  her nails once she took off her acrylics .  Well just a few days ago when the Julep TSV was on she claimed that was the only thing she used and it saved her nails and wouldn't be  without it .   Not the exact words I have to point out ,  but that is the jest of it.    I guess I like to think that a host doesnt embellish ,  but I guess selling really IS the name of the game for some.  😏

This is exactly why I don't watch Carolyn.  She has everything, according to her, and I don't believe anything she says when she starts on that spiel.  Makes it hard to believe anything else she says, too.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind to our host.

Respected Contributor

I don't listen to and don't believe half of what the hosts say.  The only time I listen is if I'm interested in buying a product and then most of the time I go to the web page and check out the ratings before I purchase.