Esteemed Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Many times at places like Costco, you are buying 2nds or 3rds, which can run small, have sewing errors, etc.   If it seems too good to be true, it usually is!

I've purchased 2 pair of Carole Hochman cotton flannel pajamas --- and several sets of Carole Hochman cotton capri sets from Costco ----- From $15 to $18 each --- and they're all perfect. 

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone remember many, many years ago, when Carole Hochman offered two, all cotton night shirts for Mothers Day? They came in a white basket with cellophane wrap and a silk, Gerber Daisy at the top of the cellophane wrap.

Oh my! Those night shirts were wonderful. I bought 3 baskets for myself, one for my neighbor and one for my dear neighbors mother. My mom got two baskets and my sister received one from me too.It really was a perfect, no brainer Mother's Day gift.

The colors were so pretty and there were two in each basket. One solid and one print. They felt like baby blanets. That's how soft they were. 100% cotton and never shrunk or pilled. Washed like iron.

I would love for that combo to come back again. In reality, I don't think it will.

I still have one set that is like brand new. So does my neighbor. We both actually ordered more until they weren't available. This had to be in the 90's.

Esteemed Contributor

Makes me wish we had a Costco here.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Many times at places like Costco, you are buying 2nds or 3rds, which can run small, have sewing errors, etc.   If it seems too good to be true, it usually is!

Maybe other places sell 2nds and 3rds but from what I've read and experienced, Costco sells only first quality merchandise.  Just because an item costs less doesn't mean it's of lessor quality.  It just means you're willing to pay more for the same item.  Many refer to that as 'being taken over.'  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Re: Carole Hochman Pajamas

[ Edited ]

I think Costco buys previous styles and designs from inventory that different brands want to move out....They are still good quality they just need to move the old inventory since they've put out new items at other retailers....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight  Don't know where you got the idea Costco sells 2nd's in clothing, but everything i've purchased is 1st class all the way.  Love Carole Hochman and have never had anything but great quality.  I'm a seamstress and I look at the seams and fabric quality.  Costco's buyers do a fantastic job

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine   Thank you for letting me know.  Many times, these types of big box stores sell 2nds.  I will check Cosco out myself for the Carole Hochman pajamas.

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop   I remember.  I bought a set in pink for myself and blue for my MIL

My MIL has since passed, but I still have mine.  They are not 100% cotton though, and way too hot for me.  I can only sleep in 100% cotton.  Polyester clothing is like wearing a plastic bag.

I have many of Carole's TSV's, especially the four piece sets from QVC.  The pants were mostly made from 100% cotton, but the tops...tanks and cardigans were polyester.

I stopped buying them for this reason.  I buy 100% from Costco and Boscov's who both carry the CH brands.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

I think Costco buys previous styles and designs from inventory that different brands want to move out....They are still good quality they just need to move the old inventory since they've put out new items at other retailers....

I know that Costco has these pj's specifically made for them as they do for most of their inventory.  They are not a bargain store who buys up overstocks.  They only sell these pj's in the spring every year.

Have you ever been in one of their stores?  Their clothing area is stocked to the roof and every store has the same items.  They also sell on line.  They must I am guessing have hundreds of thousands of units of the same product.

They have a lot of buying power and move a lot of merchandise. They have almost 800 stores in the US.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought A391446  CH novelty pajamas and the CH 4 piece from Costco. Both are 100% cotton.

The material seems to be similar with the feel and the weight. Neither shrank too much, I wish the shorts from the  Qvc novelty pj's were a bit shorter because they hit my lower knee and I'm 5'8"' average leg length. I prefer the ties on the pants from Costco, too. But I like the print I bought at QVC. 

I am keeping both, I love 100% cotton.