Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: `Candace Cameron Bure fashion

Shorter tops and higher waists are on trend and I'm here for it. There are many vendors on the Q with longer tops, and I never buy. 

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Regular Contributor

While not everything Candace does is my cup of tea I am so happy that she makes shorter tops.  Most of QVC's tops are way too long so I can't purchase them.  I have several of her tops and I love them.  Keep them coming Candace.  

It is what it is!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the OP. The tops are too short for my long torso. And who's to say that the vendors don't read the forums. I would bet at least half of them do. How else are they gonna find out what the public really thinks. On Facebook everything seems to be all nice he nice. On here, they can get a real understanding about what people like and don't like.

Esteemed Contributor

The designers design clothes that fit and look good on them.  They have to wear it and sell it, so the clothing has to flatter their body type.  I think Candace is either short or short waisted and that is why i have not ordered any of her clothing.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I think her stuff it too short too. It’s not for me. There are plenty of other choices.
Honored Contributor

She is short (5'2") and in the beginning, purchasedmany items from her line. It does seem the tops have gotten shorter and for summer, many items are short sleeve or sleevelss...not for me. I wear long sleeves all summer...no sticky SPF on arms and less chance of sunburn.

I also think as her line has progressed, the tops have gotten shorter and I've had to return many. IMO, she  seems to have changed the offerings to a younger crowd.

Valued Contributor

@zebra9 my point exactly. You're 5'3", and short waisted. You're even taller than she is. And the clothes fit. Imagine 5" taller. She's not a designer, she's an actress, someone is designing the clothes, to fit her body type. She should rebrand this line for petites. Or take a lesson from Ms. Renee Greenstein, who actually was a fit model, and understands you have to adjust the clothing, as the size changes. CCB is basically a name, representing someone's designs. And yes, many Q line tops are frumpy, polyester, yuck too long styles. Be nice to have something in between.