Respected Contributor

Re: Cancelling order due to shipping!

@rms1954 wrote:

It's not that they aren't hiring more.  If you listen to news people on unemployment since the pandemic DON'T want to work.  Why should they when they can sit home and collect money.  Laziness.

People don't want to work for minimum wage and no benefits. Women don't want to work for minimum wage and no benefits and have to pay for childcare.

And all of the above have not wanted to work until folks were vaccinated and that really has been only in the last six weeks.

End it has been the women who have ended up having to stay home with the kids.

The people I see waiting at the bus stop at 6:30 in the morning don't look lazy to me.  

Honored Contributor

Another long-time customer, but with a much better outcome.  My Philosophy TSV shipment arrived earlier today at my local post office.  It came more or less straight down the east coast and should be in my hands tomorrow -  that's 3 days before delivery was promised.  

I was quite happy to wait for delivery, even looked to see if there might be any Advanced Delivery option, but the price was so good I decided just to go for it.  Used to use Purity constantly to cleanse, then ried a number of different drugstore cleansers and even some gentle soaps.  So happy to go back to Purity and the Microd scrub product.

Whether I've been in FL or on LI over the last several years, I have been fortunate with my QVC deliveries.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

You're added to the list of unhappy, long-time customers.

@rms1954  

@rms1954 you should do real research on this topic.  There are a myriad of reasons the workforce has run cold on a lot of the companies still looking for employees.  Most of the companies shouting "laziness" are still paying the $7.50 minimum wage.  Do you realize a lot of people who get that ridiculously low minimum wage live in their cars or could barely pay childcare to go to work?  Service jobs are notoriously the most thankless job there is.  Who looks forward to customers feeling entitled and refusing to comply with store policies regarding safety issues? 

Why would they turn down a higher monthly check? Do the math.

Those companies looking for employees made billions during the pandemic.  But many of them still refuse to pay a higher minimum wage, or medical insurance (by keeping hours just shy of qualifying for insurance).

A lot of those lazy people, as you so insultingly coin them, worked their tails off for peanuts, and no security for years!  But yeah, they're supposed to run back now?

Respected Contributor

I cancelled 2 pair of capri pants today.  It had gone from "preparing" to "back oredered".  At least the option to cancel was available.  I think thhis is the right thing to do.  But I also feel that they shouldnt put any items on unless they are actually in the warehouse. These delays certainly are due to shipping and manufacturing but they still shouldnt be on air then. As a consumer shipping and manufacruring are not MY problem.  Dont put them on air!!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

You're added to the list of unhappy, long-time customers.

@rms1954  

@rms1954 you should do real research on this topic.  There are a myriad of reasons the workforce has run cold on a lot of the companies still looking for employees.  Most of the companies shouting "laziness" are still paying the $7.50 minimum wage.  Do you realize a lot of people who get that ridiculously low minimum wage live in their cars or could barely pay childcare to go to work?  Service jobs are notoriously the most thankless job there is.  Who looks forward to customers feeling entitled and refusing to comply with store policies regarding safety issues? 

Why would they turn down a higher monthly check? Do the math.

Those companies looking for employees made billions during the pandemic.  But many of them still refuse to pay a higher minimum wage, or medical insurance (by keeping hours just shy of qualifying for insurance).

A lot of those lazy people, as you so insultingly coin them, worked their tails off for peanuts, and no security for years!  But yeah, they're supposed to run back now?

@Caaareful Shopper , Yes, thank you ,certain posters love to misrepresent this situation to fit their narrative.  If you can't afford to pay a decent wage, you can't afford to have a business. People need to do what's best for themselves and their families, period.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I placed three orders on the 23rd, free shipping day.

One of the orders arrived today.  A second is at my local post office, so should be here tomorrow and the third is in transit.

I also ordered something on the 25th.  It shipped the next day and is on its way.

QVC has said all along that it is trying to sort out various shipping issues, but the pandemic has made things so much more difficult for all retailers and shippers.

I'm impressed with how fast my last four orders have been handled.  And if a future order takes a bit longer?  I'm okay with that.

(Oh, and I'm also a longtime customer and nothing that's happened has made me rethink that.)

Respected Contributor

imtep,if you could make hundreds more,not have to buy gas and not put up with awful ungrateful owners m wouldn't you stay home as well and collect unemployment?I would in a heartbeat and I'm not lazy!its best you don't insinuate people who are not working

Respected Contributor

amen caaareful shopper!I feel the same way

Honored Contributor

There are a number of causes for delays right now impacting retail orders.  

What bothers me is QVC so tight lipped about causes of the delays.  Customers are generally understanding when they know what's going on.  

Saying they are working on it as fast as they can doesn't cut it.  Without being open about it, it appears they are an inefficient, bumbling company.

If UPS can tell me my package is delayed because it was put on the wrong truck, and also telling someone their package is delayed because a train derailed, QVC can tell us causes for their waitlists and backorders when it appears items are in stock when ordered.