Valued Contributor

Re: Cancelled All Food Orders!

[ Edited ]

@DottieBlue wrote:

@daisy4 wrote:

I like to buy food at QVC, and I had an order that was supposed to be delivered 5 days ago.  It was frozen food and UPS just delivered it today 7 days later.  Needless to say it was a melted, smelly mess, because it wasn't delivered on time.  I had to call QVC and ask for a refund - which I do not like to do, especially since this is the second time UPS has been late delivering frozen food.  I also went through my orders and cancelled all food orders that were on advanced order.  I find this very sad since UPS had this package since last week and actually delivered another order to my house at 9 PM Saturday night.  It was canned goods from Target.com.  Why didn't they deliver the frozen food too since the tracking said they had it at the local warehouse waiting for delivery.  I think QVC needs to rethink how they send frozen food with UPS.  They certainly lost 5 of my sales, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

I would call UPS and let them know the situation, and let them explain what happened - why the delivery took so long.  I think UPS has some explaining to do.

I called UPS twice.  I explained to the person on the phone that the food was perishable and needed to be delivered ASAP.  She didn't care.  She said there was nothing she could do and to file a claim with QVC.  So far I have cancelled my advanced orders for ribs, and chicken.  I don't trust UPS to deliver on time , and I don't want to keep asking QVC for a refund for spoiled food.  It's a shame!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a BIG QVC 'supporter',  and buy a lot, but I never buy food here- Hate to receive every order in a styrofoam cooler.  I can get much fresher ready-made food locally and supporting my locals , and I find Q food is very high priced.   JMHO.  

Honored Contributor

I order meat and seafood from only 2 places.  I've never had any issues with them but they ship overnight in rugged coolers with plenty of dry ice.  My favorite seafood source is located in Alaska and always arrives frozen.

I don't order food from Q because the first time, many years ago, it arrived thawed and gross. Vendors and Q need to use overnight shipping if they're sending perishables.  Either that or be prepared to give lots of refunds and ruin their reputation when it comes to food products.

Respected Contributor

I disagree, QVC owns these problems because they are the shipper. Been told this more then one time by UPS. It us up to QVC to address these issues or file a complaint with UPS. Failure to do so is why customers are turned off. I don’t order any perishable food mostly June through September. Some years it’s April through September. Received my last food order (not from Q) last week until after September or when outdoor temperatures reduce substantially.
Respected Contributor

Do you think the pandemic might have something to do with the shipping problems? I noticed even some of my Amazon  Prime orders have been a little late lately.🤔

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sadly,I too cancelled all my A/D food orders that I have been getting for years

.Not because of slow shipping, but for NOT SHIPPING AT ALL!!!!!   Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I haven't ordered food in years now.  I used to enjoy the convenience.  I knew I was spending more than I should but at the time it was worth it to me.  Unfortunately, after the toughest steaks with grizzle I've ever purchased (wrapped in bacon), I stopped buying steaks.  I've also gotten a $70 ham that had a huge bone.  So much so that I had to rush out and buy one from our local supermarket to make sure I had enough (which cost me about $23).... side dishes that were awful.  Was happy with Balboa bakery and Sam's cheezecake.  At the time, the deliveries were fine.  But I won't order food again.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I totally agree, and some loaded with sodium too.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

Question:

Can anyone tell me how Cheryl's cookies come packaged? I'm worried that the frosting will be all melted. I really wanted to get some patriotic cookies for a small summer gathering.

Honored Contributor

I also  had food orders from QVC and HSN which didn't ship.  I canceled all food orders.  I thought the convenience would  be worth the higher prices compared to local stores.   Decided to just shop locally and have the items delivered.  Also, then can buy smaller quantities each week and not have to store so much in the freezer.