Valued Contributor

I like to buy food at QVC, and I had an order that was supposed to be delivered 5 days ago.  It was frozen food and UPS just delivered it today 7 days later.  Needless to say it was a melted, smelly mess, because it wasn't delivered on time.  I had to call QVC and ask for a refund - which I do not like to do, especially since this is the second time UPS has been late delivering frozen food.  I also went through my orders and cancelled all food orders that were on advanced order.  I find this very sad since UPS had this package since last week and actually delivered another order to my house at 9 PM Saturday night.  It was canned goods from Target.com.  Why didn't they deliver the frozen food too since the tracking said they had it at the local warehouse waiting for delivery.  I think QVC needs to rethink how they send frozen food with UPS.  They certainly lost 5 of my sales, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cancelled All Food Orders!

I do not order perishebable food just for the reason you described, I am afraid of late arrivals.

Also, the foods on line, I find the food coslty.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

I actually consider the season, I only order things in the winter time that are going to arrive in dry ice.

It's just too hot here and qvc will have a disclaimer that says, yes all of your dry ice might be gone but the food is still safe.  I don't buy that.

Honored Contributor

QVC service I hasn't been as good as it was, Thats is for sure.  You cant get hold of CS easy, if it all.  I ordered a ring for a gift, paid 2 day delivery....that was May 15.  I still haven't received it.  I returned a ring April, still isn't returned.

i haven't ordered food lately form QVC  when I have it came okay...but it was cinnamon rolls. I order frozen pies from a company here in California.  They stopped shipping out side of California andI had to sign  an agreement there is a chance Fedex or UPS could be late in delivery because of Covid circumstances.  I have ordered twice under this agreement and everything comes before ice melts...but not to say it couldn't happen.  I do like the notice that late delivery is a possibility s I am fully aware.  QVC should consider this with food items.  I would be s angry if my food was ruined.

Honored Contributor

Way, way overpriced and most of it is loaded with calories and fat. 

Trusted Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

I like to buy food at QVC, and I had an order that was supposed to be delivered 5 days ago.  It was frozen food and UPS just delivered it today 7 days later.  Needless to say it was a melted, smelly mess, because it wasn't delivered on time.  I had to call QVC and ask for a refund - which I do not like to do, especially since this is the second time UPS has been late delivering frozen food.  I also went through my orders and cancelled all food orders that were on advanced order.  I find this very sad since UPS had this package since last week and actually delivered another order to my house at 9 PM Saturday night.  It was canned goods from Target.com.  Why didn't they deliver the frozen food too since the tracking said they had it at the local warehouse waiting for delivery.  I think QVC needs to rethink how they send frozen food with UPS.  They certainly lost 5 of my sales, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

I would call UPS and let them know the situation, and let them explain what happened - why the delivery took so long.  I think UPS has some explaining to do.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with the previous poster; this sounds like an issue with the UPS hub in a specific area, not an issue with QVC. I've had each of my recent QVC food deliveries arrive on time and without any issues, all via UPS.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I actually consider the season, I only order things in the winter time that are going to arrive in dry ice.

It's just too hot here and qvc will have a disclaimer that says, yes all of your dry ice might be gone but the food is still safe.  I don't buy that.

i have had a few frozen items arrive with all or most of the dry ice gone. the food items have been solid as a rock. if they werent, i would call or email customer service. they will give you a full refund.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My order of two cakes were shipped by UPS then to USPS that cost two extra days.  They were in transit 5 days.  Unless these cakes are loaded with preservatives, I wouldn't let my cakes sit out for 5 days without refrigeration in warm weather.

Forget about using USPS.  UPS two day scheduled earlier in the week so nothing sits at their distribution centers over the weekend.  

Honored Contributor

I recently had an order of Sweet Sam's pound cakes take too long to be delivered by UPS.  They were shipped "Perishable" by QVC and were supposed to be two-day delivery.  Well, they didn't get here by the estimated date and I waited another day, while they said "Out for delivery".

Nothing arrived and that evening I checked the tracking and all it said under delivery was "Left at:  other" and "Released by driver".  WTH does that mean?

I actually walked down my very long drive at 10 p.m. to see if the package had been put in my mailbox or (heaven forbid) put on the side of the busy main road.  Nope, nothing.

Next day, they were delivered by the post office with no notification.  Left in my mailbox until I found them in the afternoon; a nasty, soggy mess.  So the UPS van drove straight past my house the day before to leave them at the post office 5 miles away, where they sat under who knows what conditions???  I'm also now dubious about ordering any food.