Regular Contributor

I have had a couple of my orders give me that funny Auto delivery notice-- some kind of bug in the system, was what C.S. told me too. This would not let me make a change to the order - I wanted a different color. C.S. made the change for me. C.S. is usually very helpful--- Call and ask, I too wanted to cancel an order on one occasion, but it was too late--- C.S. told me to return the order-- and they would not charge me for the return postage, since I had tried to stop before it went out. I returned the item and followed up to make sure of the refund amount. Ask, they are usually very helpful, and remember all they can do is say no. If you are a good customer, they can be very accommodating.

Contributor

Or if you cancel one item, the option to possibly cancel another one in the same order goes away.

Use automated service via phone. It will give you options to cancel either your last ordered item, any item by entering the order number, or it can enumerate for you one by one all 'cancellable' items (I've done this and it worked for me). Otherwise, customer service and talk to someone and they can help you too.

Trusted Contributor

I just posted this on another thread. It's some kind of computer glitch and it has been going on for months.

I placed an order for two scarves. I put them on a credit card and then decided to change it to debit (within the hour). A note appeared to call Customer Service instead of In Process. I tried to cancel the items so I could just place a new order. It took me to that page you are referring to for auto delivery items (which they aren't). That page is a mistake and won't allow you to do any kind of changes on your item. This seems to happen when you have multiple items in one order.

I called Customer Service. They said they couldn't change or cancel it, because the charge was pending at my bank. I've had charges pending many times (and I had adequate funds) and the orders still went through. In fact, if you purchase at a B&M store, the bank account often shows "charges pending" when you get home with your items. So I'm totally blaming this whole thing on QVC.

I asked them to place a new order as I really wanted these scarves for vacation. They said no, then I would have two sets of charges at the bank.

So I waited for a day and a half with the note "Contact Customer Service" showing on my order status. This is unacceptable.

If they can't fix this glitch in this amount of time, I'm starting to fear for the security of the web site too. They seem to have the worst technicians in the world.

They said they would send a text to send the items overnight express (I needed them), but it doesn't even indicate that now that they are finally in process. So I doubt that I will get them on time.

I have items that I ordered on February 28 that are now three days late from the EDD, so I doubt the scarves will arrive on time.

I felt like the Customer Service Reps. are also dealing with these stupid computer issues and it is limiting what they can do too.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/7/2014 kachina624 said: You normally have the option to cancel online under "order status" for at least a day. The exception might be when the vendor is doing the shipping. Then there is no cancellation option.

No - we are talking about a computer glitch that takes away that option. Usually when you have multiple items on one order. It will take you to some page that doesn't even apply to your order.

As far as QVC taking away your options to change or cancel, then I think it would be nice if they told us. But I really think that it's just the inept technicians fooling around with the site and always causing major problems. Even Customer Service couldn't help me with my problem.

Honored Contributor
On 3/10/2014 misschristy said:
On 3/7/2014 kachina624 said: You normally have the option to cancel online under "order status" for at least a day. The exception might be when the vendor is doing the shipping. Then there is no cancellation option.

No - we are talking about a computer glitch that takes away that option. Usually when you have multiple items on one order. It will take you to some page that doesn't even apply to your order.

As far as QVC taking away your options to change or cancel, then I think it would be nice if they told us. But I really think that it's just the inept technicians fooling around with the site and always causing major problems. Even Customer Service couldn't help me with my problem.

I can't cancel an order either. However, I chose to pay by check so it will cancel when I don't send the check. I had reordered the same item to combine with another item to save on shipping. The reason I cannot cancel is that it shows up as an auto-delivery item and it wasn't. It was a sweater. QVC's glitch.

Contributor

When I could not cancel some Emjoi refills, within minutes after placing order, I received a notice that it was too late to cancel, already in process. Had given emjoi's as gifts and thought I would give them refills. Bottom line is CS assured me they were being shipped by the mfg and that is the reason I could not cancel them. My initial thought was it was the computers. The first one I tried to cancel, did not actually ship out until 7 or 8 days later.

Yes, I was an unhappy camper, putting it mildly.

New Contributor

same problem with 3/17 order. i won""t order anytime again soon. probably am stuck with return shipping too!