Honored Contributor
On 10/5/2014 mousiegirl said:

If you mentioned poor workmanship, your post won't be allowed, and QVC won't tell you why the post wasn't allowed, just saying it was against the rules. I had to play a guessing game, and several emails later, I realized that this was the issue.

I've left many negative reviews based on poor workmanship. Poor workmanship is poor quality, and I bet that poor quality is the basis of a good percentage of negative reviews.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor
On 10/4/2014 HappyDaze said:

Well I disagree. Not sure about OP's case but I personally have not been able to post one star review on some products that have generally 4-5 stars. Sometimes they simply never post and a few times they've told me they can't post it because it violates some standard. Tell me how a review that simply states- "I did not like the scent of the product" goes against standards? Or simply, "I did not like the the product."

I do think QVC skews the reviews. Sure they allow some negative but when they really want a product to do well, I believe they only allow so many negatives to go through. But of course, if a product is mostly getting negative reviews, they wouldn't be able to skew the numbers as effectively because if something is so bad and has been selling for a few years, it would look very suspicious if there were only a dozen reviews in all that time.

So I have no doubts whatsoever QVC skews the ratings as I've had it done multiple times to me. And QVC cannot tell me exactly what in my posts have gone against standards when I've asked.

The other thing is- there are TONS of reviews that mention other brands/products in the review of a particular product. This is CLEARLY against reviewing standards but they are posted anyway. There are also some that make what QVC would consider "medical claims" which are also clearly against standards but they post as well.

I suppose it is like the forum posts- the standards are only haphazardly enforced, and in the case of reviews, only when it is beneficial to QVC.

I certainly buy that QVC skews the reviews. They allow people to post reviews on products where the reviewer explicitly says they have not gotten the product yet. They allow positive reviews that mention other products or other rules violations.

I have had many 1-2 star reviews rejected but I have never had a 4-5 star review rejected.

Honored Contributor
If I had a dime for every ridiculous negative review I've read posted here, I could buy QVC. I mean the whole company.