Trusted Contributor

Re: Can't Believe What I'm Reading!!

My Dad, God rest his soul, used to say, opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one. So everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't agree with every one, but I agree everyone is entitled to have one.

Respected Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

My Dad, God rest his soul, used to say, opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one. So everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't agree with every one, but I agree everyone is entitled to have one.

@NEvans2 ......This was my Dads saying: Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the M drops off.
Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess 

I know of what you speak - I too have a mole - one above my lip on the left side, it's not too big - and no one has ever made a mean or unkind remark about it BUT I hate mine, always have. 

When Madonna (in the 90's) drew one on her face in the same spot - I used to cringe. Why on earth, I thought...

To get it removed would leave a scar - between the two things - a scar would bug me more. - It's part of me, not not part of what I like, it's just there.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby 

My mole is a part of me too.  Unless something develops, it’s here to stay!!

Honored Contributor

When someone posts on a public forum, they need to be prepared for responses.  Written comments can be said with good intentions but come across as rude.  And everyone is a little stressed right now.  Everyone has a bad day now and then and may not post the best way.

I know I'm fairly direct with people so try to be sure my posts will come across ok.  It doesn't always work but I try.

Some people think anyone who disagrees with them is being rude.  The world isn't all about them and it'd be pretty boring if everyone thought the same way all the time.

There are a couple of people who constantly post rude comments.  I try to ignore them most of the time.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart. Very well said. I am direct too but sometimes words can be misconstrued because they don’t always translate well. I do not believe it’s necessary to be rude or mean just because it’s your right too say it. But you are right the biggest offenders here of rudeness are usually the same people. I suspect they are very unhappy
Esteemed Contributor

True to form, people are who they are and we all have opinions and personalities. Their responses will be consistent. Get to know the responses you don't enjoy reading and pass. Another way to phrase it - consider the source. Don't give your energy to those who offend you. There's much more good people than bad on this forum.

Something you may want to avoid is political or sports forums. Tough crowd!   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@happycat, I think you and I read the exact same post, before the mods very wisely removed it! It was one of the most inappropriate posts I have seen on here!!! Yes, I agree, enough said!! I'm sure we weren't the only ones to see it before it was removed by the mods.
Trusted Contributor

@Naturesbeauty, exactly and well said! Some people don't understand the difference. Sad, isn't it????
Esteemed Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:
@happycat, I think you and I read the exact same post, before the mods very wisely removed it! It was one of the most inappropriate posts I have seen on here!!! Yes, I agree, enough said!! I'm sure we weren't the only ones to see it before it was removed by the mods.

@hooked on books, I'm glad they removed it so soon. It is just hard to understand why folks have to be so ugly sometimes.