Honored Contributor

Re: Can You Slow Down the Seasons Please?

I despise CIJ,  so I dont watch.  Hallmark channels started their month of CIJ today, blech!!!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I don't like the CIJ but I know many do and that's fine.  I just don't watch the shows.  I also don't like all the Christmas merch in the stores so early and I try to ignore that, too!  I'm one who doesn't like to rush the seasons.  Time is flying by too fast as it is.  And the older I get, the faster it seems to go!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

It is difficult to thing about fall when there are record highs and here in Houston.  That is the last thing that I am thinking about.

Respected Contributor

It's difficult for me to order anything for Christmas in the hot, hot, hot summertime. However, I do think I understand their need for that. I think retailers need that extra time to order items and get them made and delivered to the purchasers. It's exciting for me to open things I got during the year and find the perfect place for them at Christmas.  I see it as the same way the fashion world offers summer clothes when winter hasn't had his final roar, or offering long sleeves and sweaters when it's too hot to even look at those things. I'll try not to be tempted to purchase anything new this year since I kind of went into overload the last two years, but I can't make any promises. It used to bother me when they started CIJ, now I just look at it as a marketing ploy and am glad that businesses are still able to survive and I don't have to depend on A for my purchases.

Honored Contributor

I never watch Christmas shows. To me, they are as boring as watching paint dry.

Valued Contributor

Hate it! @InStitches49
Respected Contributor

I use to love it and now I watch off and on.  Nothing I need and I enjoy shopping the stores and looking at all the displays locally.

I don't want any more things and have so many Christmas treasures now.  Grand kids are getting older and want certain things so I wait until closer to Christmas.  

I always shop early and still do some but not like I use to.  I did buy some items from the Q last year for gift giving  but it was more like October.  

I used Amazon last year for the first time and my daughter has an account and put  in things they would like on a wish list and I went in and purchased.  Free shipping.  They live next door so I would go and snatched the items up and wrapped.  Everything came so fast and great prices and nothing had to be returned.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

CIJ doesn't bother me at all. I can take it or leave it. Lots of people need to budget for Christmas and buy a few items here and there so they can be paid off by Christmas. But as for slowing down the seasons I say no. I want summer to be over and fall and winter to begin. It's going to be between 110-115 this week so summer can go bye bye.

I'm ready for Halloween 🎃

Valued Contributor

CIJ is a no go for me, I don't watch.  I'm all about summer, sunshine and everything that comes with it.  I'm looking forward to watching Wimbledon and not thinking about buying chatchkis, toys, etc.  I have all the Christmas stuff I'll ever need and probably need to purge alot that I have.

Trusted Contributor

I agree, and sadly I think this practice has ruined what used to be so very special about Christmas. I dreamt of what would be under that tree....what I would get when I was a child, and what I would give as an adult. Either way, the magic has dissipated. The only thing I dislike more than the Christmas in July is the Hallmark Channel.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)