Trusted Contributor

Re: Can I Turn This Automatic Video Playing Off?

[ Edited ]

I agree, the video playing automatically is beyond annoying. I find it very intrusive. If I want to watch the video, I'll click on it. Don't force it on me. 
Not all of us have the option to opt out of it. I use either my iPad or iPhone and there is no box to click on whether I'm using Safari or Chrome on both devices. 

AB6A13C7-F930-4F8E-97B4-0508CDF97708.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Huh.  I find unwanted sound so annoying that my devices are set to Mute about 95% of the time.   Even if something starts playing, I won't hear it.

Sometimes I'll turn my sound up temporarily, but not for long.  

Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17  Thanks for posting your photo. 

I noticed in the 1st photo there is a "sound" icon in the upper right corner. 

If you click on it to "mute" the video sound, will it stay that way automatically if you check out another video?

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at Mon, Apr 18, 2022-4.54.02 PM.png

Your 2nd video is to small for me to check out.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac, I tried your suggestion. I can click the mute button and that will mute the video after it has started to play. If I leave the page and then come back to it or go to another item,  the video will play again unless I mute it 

again. 

Esteemed Contributor

Based on discussions in other threads here in the forums, it appears that the missing checkbox that would allow you to turn off auto-play is a recent issue experienced by iPad and iPhone users only, which makes me think that for once, this may not be a QVC-caused issue but instead is an Apple-caused issue. It may be worthwhile to report the problem so it could potentially be resolved in a future update. (I have no Apple products, so I'm unable to test this theory, but the Internet tells me if you go to apple.com/feedback you can submit a bug report based on your device.) I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

One more note: You can also stop auto-play for videos on all sites accessed through an app such as Safari or Chrome on your iPad or iPhone, if that's an option you'd like; this website has some easy instructions for setting that preference.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone! @loriqvc - your suggestion worked right away. I'm on an iPad. I went to settings, application, motion, and toggled to "off." I tried to videos and saw the glorious "resume" button!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I've posted about this as well, it's VERY annoying! And the point is not to find ways to stop the video once it starts playing, I don't want to hear it to begin with! I also shouldn't have to put my devices on mute every time I want to shop online, that's ridiculous! This Is very intrusive, and actually kind of arrogant of the Q to think we want to listen to a presentation - I should be able to decide whether or not I need to see and listen to the presentation. Please stop this!

Trusted Contributor

@Sage04.... That's what l do...click on a color and the video automatically goes off.

This is only on computer not app . No such options on app.